Chapter 16: Favoritism (is prohibited) isn't it?

After Song Lan's departure, Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian called their son to the Lanshi.

Sizhui arrived with 3 people following behind him, Wei Wuxian can only grinned at the thought that his son has his own friendship circle now, while Lan Wangji was frowning, Wei Wuxian let out a snicker looking at his husband's face.

' ah Lan Zhan, you fuddy duddy, Sizhui can have his own circle of friends now you know, his not violating the sect rules hmm,'

Lan Wangji still looking sharply at the four juniors walking towards their direction, ' mn, still unnecessary'

'We don't want a'yuan to be like you when you were young, don't we?'

Wei Wuxian just shook his head at him, he ignores his comments for now. And watch as the four arrived in front of them.

Sizhui seeing his a-die's sharp gaze let's out a deep sigh and nudged jingyi discreetly but still the couple was able to catch it.

Lan Jingyi being him ignored Lan Sizhui and excitedly went toward where Wei Wuxian was, but he stopped in the middle when he felt two sharp gaze directed towards him on opposite directions.
(One from Lan Wangji and the other is from Jin Ling.)

He nervously gulps and returns to stand in his place next to Sizhui.

' haha, it's alright even though we only called for a'yuan, the rest of you can also help' Wei Wuxian says breaking the ice

The four juniors beemed at him and bounced on the balls of their feet.

' what can we do baba/daiju/senior wei? ' the four says in unison while cupping their hands and bowed.

Wei Wuxian, ' oh nothing serious really, I do believe you meet the three discpiles of Song Lan earlier right?'

The three nodded while Ouyang Zizhen did not know what they were talking about. Nevertheless he kept quiet. He'll know in time for sure.

' good, I would like for you guys to get acquainted with them, if you can teach them the ins and outs here of the cloud recesses and also about their cultivation as well. Got it?'

The four nodded in confirmation.

Wei Wuxian, 'alright, you guys can take your leave now, Sizhui you stay here, your a-die wants to talk to you, and Jin Ling follow me'

The four juniors looked at each other, Sizhui gulped while stood rooted on the spot, and Jin Ling was looking intently at Wei Wuxian.

Jingyi and Zizhen bowed and took their leave.

' alright Lan Zhan, Jin Ling and I will be in the invention room for now, see you later, please don't be to hard on a'yuan hmm'

'mn' Lan Wangji hummed in response and Wei Wuxian grinned and patted Sizhui's shoulder before he and JinLing leave.

----------

Jin Ling just quietly following Wei Wuxian, there is a comfortable silence between them, Jin Ling was a bit surprised that Wei Wuxian was quiet along the way, he always thought his daiju is not the type to keep quiet whatever the occasion.

He eyed him warily, and without him noticing they arrived in Wei Wuxian's invention room. He motioned for Jin Ling to follow him inside.

And once they were inside what he saw was a sloppy mess inside the invention room, talisman, blank papers, compass other stuff that Jin Ling cannot quite name yet.

'what the hell is this? Can he even move freely in this place?' he thought, it must have shown on his face cause Wei Wuxian let out a laugh and ruffles his hair.