Chapter 17: Valuable Prank

JinLing felt exhausted by the end of the day, he did not know it was this arduous of a job, going to Jinlintai setting up the array, and Wei Wuxian saying he was tired, had to share a ride with him on his sword, and he even had the audacity to make detour on their way back.

It was almost night time when they arrived at Caiyi town, He throw a sharp gaze toward Wei Wuxian who is happily jumping from stall to stall buying stuff here and there, how the hell did he have so much money? He doesn't want to ask, he probably got it from his husband.

The last shop they stopped at, happened to be the shop that sells emperors smile, and Wei Wuxian bought 6 bottles of the same wine.

He really cannot understand how Hanguang-Jun was able to tolerate Wei Wuxian being a drunkard seeing as drinking is not allowed in cloud recesses but he doesn't want to voice his opinions anymore than he can chew though,

'not my monkey not my circus'

'a-ling is there anything you want to buy?' his thoughts were cut off when he heard Wei Wuxian call his name, but he did not respond and stayed rooted on the spot. Noticing his absent mindedness the other went to his side and eyed him warily 'what's wrong, a-ling? You don't look good'

' no, just tired. When are we going back to cloud recesses?' he ask avoiding the topic

Wei Wuxian eyed him one last time before walking ahead, 'just a moment I'll just need to wait for the cart to arrive.'

'What cart?' he asked

' oh the cart that sells some stuff, they usually travels and doesn't stays in one place, they're here once a month, I need to get some supplies for my inventions' Wei Wuxian replied got him raising his eyebrows

' Wait a minute' he says and stood rooted to the ground, he look at him straight in the eye before he opens his mouth and says in a questioning tone ' don't tell me you used me as an excuse to Hanguang-Jun so that you could go out'

Still eyeing him, he is not angry, a bit irritated actually, he felt betrayed for some reason

' Well, hehe' Wei Wuxian replied while rubbing his cheeks and smiled at him ' I figured we can kill two birds with one stone you know'

'Oh God I really want to wipe that smile off of his face, just one time.'

He took a deep breath, he can't with this man sometimes, but for today's sake he will put up with him.

' Fine' was his reply.

' haha' Wei Wuxian bump his shoulder and wrap his arms around his back to his other shoulder, giving it a light squeeze that gave Jin Ling shivers ' you're good at controlling your temper now, good job!'

Before he could even react Wei Wuxian had already let go of him and happily jumped around to the in coming stall, being pulled by horses and an old man in the front as the driver.

He just stood there, careful not to over steps his boundaries, he watched as Wei Wuxian's happily conversing to the old man, he saw how Wei Wuxian's face lit up by whatever the man has said to him, and how Wei Wuxian took some money on his wallet (i.e LZ wallet) and pay the old man, and the old man gave Wei Wuxian a bag, it's not too big but also not small, and judging by the bulge and how the man was visibly sweating and grunting, the bag must have been very heavy.

Wei Wuxian on the other hand took the bag as if it weighs nothing and happily said his goodbye to the old man.

JinLing was so curious and it must have been visible on his face. As Wei Wuxian told him without asking