Chapter 3 - The Night Hunt at the border of Gusu Prt. 2

After they stopped the commotion in the front yard of the Chao Family they all has been motioned by the Woman/Lady of the house to come inside and sit. While the woman went in the back to boil water for tea.

The inside of the house is simple yet warm, small and only 2 small wooden benches in front of the table and almost no furniture, they can clearly see the bedroom as well that's separated by a small curtain from where they are.

They hunched up in the bench some even sitting on the floor while some Lan disciple is just standing. The bench could only carry tree people atleast and they left the other empty for their host.

When the woman returned and she sees the sight she was clearly embarrassed.
'Young Masters I do apologize for the lack of hospitality' -she said bowing after she let down the tray with the tea.

Lan Sizhui immediately stand up and bowed as well and the others followed. 'Its alright Madam, thank you so much for your hospitality'

The woman smiled and then she sit in the empty seat, Sizhui, JinLing and Jingyi sit down as well and the rest continued standing.

'Young Masters, Are you the one the old man Zhu - I mean our village head mentioned to help us get rid of evil in that hunted house?' -the woman asked as she serves them tea one by one.

Jingyi and Zizhen nods and Sizhui just smile.

'Yes we are, now madam can you tell us what happened earlier?' JinLing as he was sipping the tea
He inwardly groaned, the tea was so bland that he almost spit it out but good thing he has self control.

The woman did not notice anything wrong with his expression though but still answered his question

'Its because of that haunted house, that my husband has become like this' -the woman said and one can hear angry and frustration in her voice

They all look at each other.

'Ma'am would you mind telling us what happend?' Sizhui ask

'That dammed house, and that dumb old man if he didn't hide the fact that his house was haunted, cultivators would have already cleaned the house and rid of all it's evil' she ranted

'For all I know he might have something to do with the haunting as well or else why would the haunting start the moment he left for his so called business?' -she continued

JinLing and the others though, contemplating what she was saying although they have that lingering thoughts as well, they as cultivators were always told not to judge before knowing so they only pushed that thought in the back of their mind.
They just kept quiet and look at the woman who's still ranting clearly forgetting that others are listening.

'I mean he was fine living in that house for months even the hunting is happening, why would he end up dead huh? For all I know- the woman immediately stop as she noticed their presence '-oh forgive this old woman's ramblings young masters' she said clearly embarrassed

Sizhui and the others just noded and waited for her to continue.

'My husband and some of his friends made a drunken bet 2 weeks ago' she started sighing 'I don't know what comes into his mind to accept such bet, but for all I know he became like that after coming out of that house'

'Drunken bet?' -Jinling asked remembering a certain dunkard
(A/N: we all know who)

'Yes young master, they made a bet and then my husband lost his mind. In some days he was okay but some days he was like that, he always tries to strangle me whenever he sees me so I lock him up in the shed, I don't know how he got out'
the woman explained