Chapter 19: The beginning of Zhuiling

When Jin Ling found out that his two uncles had already reconciled or were able to sit down together and talk without killing each other, he was in over the moon.

He was beeming with so much happiness that he practically glowed for the whole day, not even bothering to get angry with the pranking trio's failed attempt at pranking him. Nothing can ruin his mood, nothing.

In his opinion this is the best day ever!.

However that happiness did not last long and was changed to fear for his life when Wei Wuxian informed him that even though they had reconciled, he (Jin Ling) will get his leg broken from his juijui due to the way he acted before, this declaration is enough to send shivers all over his body. And he, himself knew that he had gone too far that night.

As such he avoided direct confrontation with Jiang Cheng in every way possible. As much as he was annoyed towards the pranking trio, (Jingyi, Haoran, Zizhen) he would take them any time of the day over his juijui. This alone is a testament of how scared he is of juijui.

And so the game of cat and mouse between him and Jiang Cheng started.

Another strange thing happened in cloud recesses that he noticed during his Juijui's visit, he saw him in hanshi, visiting Sect Leader Lan, this was odd for him since he knew of Jiang Cheng's animosity towards the Lan Clan.

As curious as he is, he stirred far away from Jiang Cheng, he will not inquire nor eavesdrop, not now not ever.

He will never let his curiosity kill him after all.

And another thing , Wei Wuxian did not teach them the talisman that pranked him on the first day of its introductions, much to Jingyi and Haoran's dismay. When they asked about it Wei Wuxian's reply was ' it's too advance, and dangerous we don't want unnecessary casualties in cloud recesses'

And so Jin Ling throw a look of agreeing as well, after all he saw gears on those pranking trio's head.

One surprise came as well when Wei Wuxian dropped a bomb on them, telling them, their upcoming night hunt practical exam in Qinghe Nie in 3 days time.

All students scrambled in memorizing all their notes and exchanging copies, if it was any normal night hunt, no one would bother until the exact day (except for Lan's), but since Wei Wuxian specifically told them that this will be a practical exam that would mean it is graded.

And it might decide if they can advance and graduate or fail.

And also Wei Wuxian also threw in some rewards that Lan Quiren did not approve of but he still pursued, those who will score the best, in practical exam and the written exam will have a chance to choose between getting a high grade spiritual weapon or a chance to be his direct apprentice.

That would mean he/she would get the privilege of seeing Wei Wuxian work on his invention and might get their names written in the records as contributors as well. And so everyone in cloud recesses is feeling the heat of a friendly competition between it's students.

And for the students in beginners class a chance to be upgraded in the advanced class.

JinLing will not let this chance pass by of course, and as much as he hates to admit it (cause it might make Jiang Cheng angry), what Wei Wuxian taught them this past six months is more than what he had learned under Jin Guangyao and Jiang Cheng all his childhood.

Mainly because all they taught him is how to be a Sect Leader and what not, spoiling him to the core -that if he looks back before, he can admit that, what he has been doing before had been too excessive and way out of line,- but Wei Wuxian's teaching was different, it was all practical, ways on how to survive in the wild, tricks and other useful stuff.
And so he develops a profound appreciation and awe towards the man.

He almost becomes Lan Jingyi and Ouyang Zizhen in a sense, like a devote follower, a fan, or a worshipper whatever you name it. He often wonders how nice it is for Lan Sizhui to have the two most outstanding cultivators in this lifetime to be his adopted parents.

Must have been nice, but at the same time nerve wracking i suppose, living up to their names and expectations.

Jin Ling's peaceful morning walk was interrupted by Lan Sizhui, (speaking of the devil, in this sense an angel) who catch up to him without him knowing.

'huh?' - he asked absentmindedly when he saw Lan Sizhui's mouth opening and closing but he never heard any words

Lan Sizhui, ' Sect Leader Jin, I said you are going the wrong way' while looking past him

JinLing also turned around and saw that he was almost at the back hill, the forbidden grounds for male cultivators before. Now female and male cultivators can study alongside each other, this is one of the many clan rules that has been revoked by Hanguang-Jun when he became the Xiandu and with the approval of Zewu-jun.

Since then you can see female cultivators from Lan roaming around alongside their peers but the area where they used to be separated is still forbidden as It's still changed into the females quarters, any male cultivators caught lurking around the area will be punished by Lan Quiren.

What type of punishment? Nobody knows, nobody is stupid enough to challenge Lan Quiren, except one, of course, but that was many years ago, now Wei Wuxian doesn't have any interest in them anymore.

When Jin Ling saw where he is at, he silently thanked Sizhui for his kindness, he can only shudder as the thought of him getting caught in a place where he shouldn't be. He can also vividly imagine the scandal it would cause, him being a Sect Leader and all.

' Thanks Sizhui'

' it's no problem, Jin Ling. But, are you okay? You look pale, do you have a fever?' when sizhui looked at him, warmth and care showed all over his face, Jin Ling did not know why his heart beat so fast that he felt all the blood in his body rushed to his face. He tried to speak but all that came out was a series of 'I-I-I

Seeing this Sizhui cannot help but slightly smiled and lifts his arms to touch Jin Ling's forehead to feel it but with him doing so, Jin Ling's mind went into overdrive, he felt he exploded. And before he can think about it, he swats Sizhui's hand away and runs towards the opposite direction without looking back.

Sizhui was left dumbfounded but he immediately drew a big grin before proceeding to leave the area.

And little did they know, this interaction had been witnessed by the pranking trio hiding nearby.

Haoran's oblivious to what has happened while Jingyi and Zizhen throw a knowing look towards each other and grinned.

------ TBC

Been busy lately, good news we are now back in our house, sad news is some stuff inside the house has been flooded and we also suspecting someone might have stole something but we don't know yet, now some of our appliances are missing while others is not working anymore.. but it's all right, as long as my whole family is fine..

I hope you are too, be safe, have fun and remember: you matter.

and you might notice some notifs about updating this book, I do apologize my daughter played with my phone and she unpublished this hahahha

Authors corner: your daily dose of memes and fluff from me..

All characters belong to the Author Mo Xiang Tong Xiu

Vote, Comment and Follow Me. Thank you 😊❤️