Part 34

A distant memory crept through everyone's mind, confusion laced deep into their minds. 

At the feast:

As everyone finished their Rasmalai, Luna and Aiden got off the table for a conversation. 'What's with the pills?!' Aiden asked concerned, 'You know it's part of the plan! This is fail-proof and leak-proof and it has to remain that way!' Luna said whisper shouting. 

The day after tomorrow:

The Scarlet Star rose from the horizon, in all it's mightiness. The horizon stretched wide before her, yet it was the unseen, the small corner of the world now beyond her reach, that tugged at her heart with invisible strings. 

Luna's POV:

The lightning echoed through the empty forests, as the leaves whistled with the morning wind

The lightning echoed through the empty forests, as the leaves whistled with the morning wind. A nice trek to take in the morning. Teleporting, I reached the castle, knocking on every door as they creaked open, I heard the silence fallen upon the castle halls, heavy with the weight of unspoken wars. 'Look alive! Today is training day! Today you will learn to control your powers and master your weaknesses. This morning we're having Mushrooms, Dal and Berries! Enough to energize you for the entire day!' 

At Breakfast:

'Luna, doesn't this food look a little..Odd?' Ira said poking the berries in her bowl. 'These isn't just regular food, it's magical! These Basilisk Beans or legumes have a gaze as piercing as a basilisk's. They grant the consumer a temporary boost in focus and perception. The salt in this dal is a magical seasoning that, when sprinkled on any food, enhances the consumer's stamina and vocal prowess, called siren's salt. The garlic bread with mushroom is found in enchanted forests, these mushrooms can restore vitality and heal any fatigue when cooked in a stew.' Aiden explained. The rest of breakfast was accompanied by munching and silent pauses. Finishing the food in a hurry, everyone followed Luna to a training spot.