"you are much more than you think you are"

'What are you?'

'To define is to limit.'

— Oscar Wilde

To be honest, it terrifies me the way we are labelling one another with all sort of traits such as introvert, extrovert, ambivert and more to come soon! I mean it is okay to distinguish or even categorize in terms of sociology and et cetera but what's not okay is when we tend to confine people's ability based on their personality.

That's exactly when "judgment" comes into play when someone else tends to have a say on what's best for you and what's not just based on your personality traits.

Whether that's in a career setting, social, relationship or any sort of human interactions, it is evidently happening all over you right now! But I believe it's time where we need to break this social segregation that's happening worldwide based on personality types.

Let me give you a prime example at a workplace (real-life scenario):

What does this mean to you? Let's be real! It's like a clear and loud message being sent out to all kids out there that "Yes, you got to be in the spotlight all the time. You got to be putting yourself out there all the time to attract career opportunities, financial growth and et cetera."

It's sickening to think about how we are encouraging the younger generation to be out of their own skin to fit into this favoritism game. You tell me!

Isn't it funny how the world advocates on "be yourself, just be you" but when it comes to real-life situations, the table turns so quickly? Honestly, as someone whom grew up in this gender equality era, I believe now it's time to speak more on personality equality.

Despite what's your personality type, everybody has to be given equal opportunities. Your personality type does not have to be a prime influence for someone else to make life-changing decisions for you.

You are you. You are unique. Even if you're an introvert, you don't have to necessarily force yourself to fit into an extrovert traits just to gain something and vice versa for an extrovert. It's time to change the game and it all begins with you!

"You are much more than you think you are." — ak