𝟖. 𝐈'𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮!

The next day I set food on college with a firmly set mind to tell Arhaan about my past

The next day I set food on college with a firmly set mind to tell Arhaan about my past. And as assumed, there he was, sitting right in their signature spot on his bike and a smile appeared in his face after seeing me.

My heartbeat increased with each of my steps and it was fully out of control while I stood face to face with him. And the way his eyes glowed while he smiled erupted a swarm of butterflies in my stomach.
Stupid idiots.

"Hey." He said and I realised that I was glaring at him the entire time. Fresh embarassment spiked through me.

"We need to talk." I blurted out without even greeting him back.
"Oh-kay." Suspicion lined his features.
"It's important." I pressed up.
"Then let's go out after college." He suggested.
"No. Let's go out now. Bunk class." I don't know from where I got the courage to say so. But I knew that I needed a lot of time to elaborate everything to him.

Surprise lingered in his face but he didn't ask anything and told me that he'll take his bike and we can go out.
His friends were looking at us with slack jaws and I gave a tight lipped smile to them, which Ishaan replied with a smirk of his own.

We were soon out of the collage and he asked me where to go and I told him to take us to somewhere cozy and nature friendly.

The bike stopped in front of a building some where away from the city and it looked like a farmhouse. And I fell in love with the place the exact moment I set foot inside.

Green hues and wooden exterior with glasses gave a serane glow to the house and the Beauty of the nature surrounding it was too beautiful that it made me melt. This place is heaven. It had a beautiful pond and we sat under the shade of a tree near the pond.

"What did you want to talk about?" He asked. I took a deep breath at his question and said, "My past."

I hesitated a little and sensing my hesitation he took my arms in his and squeezed it implying that everything is fine.

I didn't had the courage to say everything looking into his eyes. So I focused on the pond and started.

"I had loved someone." I was silent after that while he squeezed my hand again to continue and I was thankful to him.

"I fell in love with him when I was in school. He was the heartthrob of every girl and I was just one of them. I didn't had the courage to take the initiative and tell him that I loved him. But I was becoming too much possesive with all the girls around him so I finally confessed. He told me that we'll be friends and we can take our time to fall in love and I believed him.
We always messaged. No, I messaged him and he replied. I was too happy with all but I didn't realise that he never felt anything for me. He never felt anything for anyone. It was just lust for him."

Tears brimmed in my eyes and I let out a long breath and continued.

"Then he got into a relationship with someone else and I was devastated. Devastated of the fact that I was a joker in my own life. I even started self harming because of all that hurt."

Arhaan's hands gripped me tightly and I was happy that he was there to hear me.

"But I still loved him. I was blinded by my love for him. He then got out of the relationship and we got many situations to be more close and we finally ended up in a relation. I was soo happy as he was everything I wanted. And that happiness had no limits due to the immense love he gave me. But it took a long time before I realised that I became an idiot again."

My voice broke at the end and tears flowed out of my eyes as I continued. But those tears were not for him. It was for me.

"He...he had another affair. I was a side character in my own love story and it shattered me. I got cheated by the man I loved more than myself. Why wasn't I enough to love? Did my love lack something so that he found solace in someone else? And many things happened afterwards which hurt me like hell. And I don't want that to happen again Arhaan. Not from you. That's why I am pushing you away."

I was too immersed in the flow of my unsaid feelings that I didn't realise when Arhaan took me in his embrace. He kissed the crown of my head and waited until my sobs have subsided. He caressed my hair as I snuggled closer into his embrace.

After a comforting silence he spoke.
"Tell me about every pain you've went through."
"Why?" My voice came out hoarse.
"Because I want to know how many times you needed someone and I wasn't there."

(Next chapter teaser: together forever?)

Here's the chapter as promised...
Arhaan is a green flag, isn't he? We'll that's only for her.
And the main plot have not started yet..
It'll start soon and brace for impact..
Make sure to vote and comment..
Love you all...
Follow me on Instagram @wordsofsavera