- Eighth -

No sooner had Taehyung stopped the car than Jungkook jumped out, stretching like a cat that had just woken up. The man couldn't help but roll his eyes at him.

"Darling, that was a fifteen-minute journey!"

Jungkook turned to him with a pout on his lips.

"You know I hate car journeys! I can't do anything and I'm all cramped up!"

Taehyung shook his head, not knowing what to say. Jungkook was a lost cause. He simply walked round the car to him and took his hand.

"I understand... Stop sulking, sweetheart."

The two men walked towards a large house surrounded by a sumptuous garden. The Kim couple had decided to live far from the city, a little away from it all. Namjoon and Taehyung both worked in their father's company, although Namjoon would eventually take over. Seokjin, on the other hand, had refused to take over from his father. The company was not at all the career he wanted, so marrying Namjoon had also helped him to get away from his family for a while. The young man had just finished his medical studies, and had decided to open his own practice on the outskirts of Seoul. As a result, the couple had been able to find a small house away from it all, where they could enjoy some peace and quiet.

Jungkook didn't bother knocking, opening the front door directly, quickly followed by Taehyung, who could only laugh at the boy's lack of embarrassment. The inside of the house was completely silent, not a sound in sight, which was rather strange: usually you could hear a vase or a glass breaking, and Jin screaming his head off at a desolate and distraught Namjoon. It was very funny to see, and that's why Jungkook and Taehyung liked to visit them. The show was guaranteed.

Taehyung smiled a little when he saw Jungkook looking lost, scanning the living room without understanding why no one was there. He approached him discreetly, put an arm around his waist and kissed him tenderly.

"It's a barbecue, darling. They're probably outside."

Jungkook's eyes lit up, and Taehyung had just enough time to release him from his hold before the teenager ran off in the direction of the garden. And a smile came to his lips when he spotted his brother outside, putting plates and cutlery on the big garden table.

"Jin hyung!"

The young man turned round and smiled back when he saw his little brother running towards him, so happy to see him. He hurried to put down the plate in his hands, and caught the teenager just after, his arms closing around him for a soft brotherly hug. They were soon joined by Taehyung, who quickly greeted Jin.

"Where were you last night, eh?" Jin asked quickly. "You know Mom nearly had a heart attack..."

Jungkook separated himself from his brother and rolled his eyes. His mother had this gift for making everything dramatic. Something Seokjin had inherited.

"Don't tell me she couldn't manage this ceremony without me. Besides, I'm sure Jongsu was delighted to see that I'd disappeared!"

Jin couldn't deny it. If at the beginning of the evening, Jongsu had seemed grumpy (mainly because of his surprise meeting with Taehyung), from the moment he'd learned of Jungkook's disappearance, he'd become so happy you could almost see a halo of light surround him.

'Yeah... But Mom still spent the whole day pestering me with calls and messages!"" Jin continued. You could at least have told her where you were..."

"I'm pretty sure she had good idea where I was. The only thing is, she'd never dare show up at Taehyung's to take me away. She'd be too scared and too ashamed to confront him."

Seokjin sighed, Jungkook really did have an answer for everything. On the other hand, he wasn't completely wrong. His mother suspected that Jungkook had feelings for Taehyung, it was obvious, anyone could see it. However, she didn't know that these feelings were mutual. She thought that Taehyung saw the teenager as a brother, and as such, he defended him constantly. To come and take Jungkook from him would have been an affront that not even Hyeri was prepared to provoke.

Their conversation was cut short by a grunt, and it was only then that Jungkook and Taehyung noticed Yoongi, Hoseok and Jimin, all three sitting in armchairs a few metres away. And it had to be said that the sight was rather hilarious: Yoongi was sulking in a corner, under Hoseok's apologetic gaze, while Jimin had his face buried in his hands, emitting regular grunts.

"What's happening to them?" Jungkook asked innocently, watching them curiously.

Taehyung refrained from laughing, having already understood the situation, and Jin just let out a long sigh.

"Jimin got so drunk last night that Yoongi and Hobi had to take turns carrying him home. And now he's got the worst hangover of his life."

"That'll teach him to drink so much." Taehyung said as he walked away.

The young man joined Namjoon, who was preparing the barbecue. Paradoxically, the man was a real pain in the kitchen, but he managed the barbecue wonderfully. Apparently, grilling meat had nothing to do with cooking.

"Yo. You need a hand?"

Namjoon took care to turn the pieces of meat over on the grill, before turning to Taehyung with a smile.

"Don't worry, it's almost ready. But I'll need you to come into the office later. Dad sent me a file, but it's about communications, which is more your area..."

"Yeah, no worries-"

"You're not talking about work now, are you?!" shouted Seokjin a few metres away.

The two men, caught red-handed, could only offer him an apologetic smile.

"Sorry darling, it was really urgent-"

"I don't want to hear you, you walking tornado!" Jin cut him off. "We can't leave you alone for thirty seconds! Taehyung, get your ass over here and put it on that chair! I forbid you to work today!"

Taehyung raised his hands to the sky, signalling his surrender, and sent his brother an apologetic look before going to sit where Jin had indicated. Luckily for him, his punishment wasn't too harsh, as Jungkook quickly joined him, sticking close to him and resting his head on his shoulder. Taehyung didn't waste a second entwining their hands and placing a kiss on his forehead.

"Are you happy to be here, sweetheart?" he asked.

Jungkook smiled, nodding happily.

"Hm! I've been waiting a year and a half for this! For us all to finally be together!"

Seeing him so happy brought a smile to Taehyung's lips.

"Me too, my love."

He was at peace.

~🍁~

A rather calm chapter. Honestly, this story will be more chill than my previous ones. I needed that. Of course, there will be a plot, don't worry🤗

See you soon💕