Chapter 3

Solomon. Winterfell.

Lord of Winterfell study was rather ordinary, but spacious. Everything was made of wood: the floor, the ceiling, and all the furniture. There was a light odor of wood, papers, and ink in the room. The rays of the afternoon sun streamed through the window and illuminated Lord Stark's office where I was.

It wasn't until I saw Winterfell that my eyes were able to pick up on one thing. The castle was surrounded by a closed field. A powerful one at that. I'm beginning to understand how Jon has such a high perception of mana. Perhaps I should research the history of this castle, as well as the ruling family of this land.

As our group walked here, we managed to attract the gaze of every inhabitant of the castle. Mostly, they all focused on me. I guess my usual attire was a bit... inappropriate.

In my past life, not Solomon's, not Romani Archaman's, but my own, I had no problem with that. I was a very ordinary average man: ordinary job, ordinary family, ordinary life. If this had happened to the past me, I would have died of embarrassment by now, but now... Now I didn't care. As if catching stares from a huge number of people is completely normal. No, it's not. It's like I KNOW it SHOULD be.

And need I mention the female attention? My hearing could clearly pick up their sighs and gase. My appearance is very exotic for this time...and very attractive. I could feel their attraction to me. And it was so dense that you could physically touch it with your hand. But, again, as with the looks, I didn't care.

What a strange feeling. Is this Solomon's influence on my perception? Quite possibly.

Besides me, there were three other people present: Lord Stark, a man of advanced years, and Lady Stark. I could tell from the way she was acting: a confident expression, a proud posture, and a glance in my direction filled with hidden rage. But in it, I sensed a certain... uncertainty. As if she was questioning how exactly to respond to me, beyond fury at my helping Jon.

The man kept his hand on the hilt of his sword and watched my movements carefully. But his eyes occasionally expressed doubt. Maybe even worry. That was true of Lord Stark himself. But that was to be expected, since the first time we met, I had released a small amount of mana and focused it on him. I wanted to test him. To test Jon's faith in him and one theory.

And Lord Stark came through with flying colors. If he had lived in my time, I would have accepted him into my retinue.

At that thought, I froze.

My time? Why did I think that? Why were my thoughts so certain? Well, it would have to be faced either way.

- Ahem," Lord Stark cleared his throat. - Let us begin with an introduction. My name is Eddard Stark, Lord of Winterfell - then he pointed to Lady Stark - She is Catelyn Stark, Lady of Winterfell and my wife - and then, to the last man in the room - The man next to me is Rodrik Cassel, knight and master of the weapons of Winterfell.

- It is a pleasure to meet you," I bowed with a slight smile. - My name is Solomon. And I'm a Magician.

- Magician? - The man Lord Stark called Rodrik asked hesitantly. - Why did you call yourself a wizard and not a sorcerer or a wizard, Lord Solomon? And can we see proof of your words?

- Lord? - I asked, tilting my head to the side.

- You may not have mentioned it, but you give the impression of noble blood. Your movements, your posture, and your way of speaking give you away," Rodrik replied, and Lord and Lady Stark nodded silently. - I would even say that you are directly related to the royal family.

- I see. In a way, you're right. As for your question...

I raised both of my hands and two swords appeared in them. They were absolutely identical to each other, but one of them appeared in a brief flash of blue light, and the other without it.