Chapter 7

Solomon. Winterfell.

Six months later.

A light odor of dust and old age tickled my sense of smell. Winterfell's library was quite extensive. Certainly, considering the age of this world. Books were present, yes, but most of it was scrolls of parchment. And it cost a lot of money. And to create it in sufficient quantities would require slaughtering entire herds, because it was made from the skin of animals. And the process of making it is quite labor intensive. That's the very reason why I shared the technology of paper production.

In addition, it would increase the knowledge of the population. Of course, I don't expect this to happen soon, but the process is underway. Right now, paper is only made in Winterfell, but eventually every lord of this land will start making it themselves in their own castle. And they will start doing it, as spies are everywhere. Ned understands this as well and right now he is maximizing the benefits of having a monopoly on it with a few hints from my words.

I shared the glass technology for one reason only - money. All the sand that was left in the mines before my arrival was now being shipped to Winterfell. It is already being made in Westeros, but my method has a faster production speed and better quality. To be more precise, the Crown Method or the Lunar Method.

And now, sitting in the library, I was studying a very interesting topic, Valyria. an ancient state on the mainland of Essos, home of the Targaryens. Valyria was the dominant power of its time both militarily and culturally. With the help of dragons and, if the texts are to be believed, magic, the Valyrians subjugated much of the continent. Which I don't doubt, but I was particularly interested in one event that ended it - the Doom of Valyria.

Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and tsunamis suddenly raged across the lands of Valyria. And it raises questions. Natural disasters that struck at the same time? Highly questionable.

Flipping through Solomon and Romany's memories, I found a possible cause for this event. The worlds are different, but the mechanisms must be similar.

Alaya, Humanity's Unconscious Will to survive, and Gaia, the planet's will to survive and thrive.

Most likely it was these two entities that had a hand in the Doom of Valyria, but which one? That's not important, though. What mattered was that Valyria was somehow threatening either the planet itself or the survival of humanity.

I frowned. That's troubling. But there must be some traces left there. And apparently I'll have to add another destination to my journey.

Returning to studying the texts, I managed to hear footsteps heading in my direction. And a few seconds later, Sir Rodrik appeared at the entrance to the library.

- Lord Solomon, are you free? - He asked, and when he saw that I was surrounded by books and parchments, he shook his head. - Apparently not.

- It's all right, Sir Rodrik. I can be distracted," I said and put away the book I was holding. - What can I do for you?

- There's a woman standing outside. And she wants to see you.

- A woman? - I raised an eyebrow. - And you're sure it's me she wants to see?

- Yes, I'm sure. She said she was looking for Solomon, the Wizard," Sir Rodrik said and shrugged. - Shall I send her away?

The Magician? Well, it's clear she's looking for me. But why? The only people who know about the term are those who live in the castle itself....

О? So he sent her? How interesting.

- No need, Sir Rodrik. Please take me to her. I think I know why she's looking for me," I shook my head and stood up.