Chapter 20

Eddard Stark. Winterfell.

It had been about an hour since the prince and Arya's incident. And now, the entire royal family, along with some of the Starks, have gathered in a small room for a debriefing.

In that hour, I was able to find out all the background. Arya explained everything in great detail. Robert's son challenged her to a duel and, after losing, began threatening my family with violence. Sansa silently confirmed Arya's words without showing it to those around her. As I understand it, she wants to make the best of the situation, to which I could only sigh tiredly.

Lady Kinvara really managed to influence her, huh? It's fine, though, as long as morals and honor are still in place.

Before that, Robert and I discussed a few things regarding my new position. On top of that, he wants Arya and Sansa to come with us to King's Landing. Or even arrange an engagement between Sansa and Prince Joffrey.

He argued that their families are long overdue for an inbreeding. I mean, Robert was actually referring to Lyanna when he suggested it. Perhaps I would have thought of it before, but not now, and definitely not in the future.

Glancing over at the prince, all I saw was an angry expression on his face. As well as on the queen in whose arms he was in. Jaime Lannister watched them from the sidelines, while Robert's gaze ran from Arya to the prince and back again.

My family, on the other hand, was looking at all of this with skepticism. Cat was shaking her head, Robb was watching the prince with a frown, Sansa was looking toward the royal family with feigned concern, and Arya was waiting for the discussion to begin.

- So," Robert decided to start the discussion, "Who's going to explain to me what the hell happened?!

- There is nothing to explain, - Queen Cersei declared - The Stark girl attacked our son!

- Quiet, woman! - Robert shouted and looked at the prince, "Tell me.

- She just attacked me! - shouted Prince Joffrey, pointing a finger at Arya - This is treason! We should execute them!

SLAPPING

A loud slap resounded through the room. The prince was almost holding his battered cheek with a weeping face, glaring at his father, whose slap it was. The queen froze at this and looked at him angrily. Robert himself sighed disappointedly.

- For Seven's sake, are you a man or what! - he shouted, and then looked at Arya - What do you say?

- His highness has challenged me to a duel. - she stated confidently.

- A duel? With a girl who is not even thirteen winters old? - Robert raised an eyebrow.

- You are right, my king," Arya nodded, "My friend and I practiced fencing with ordinary sticks. I won, of course. Toward the end, your son and my sister approached us. He said that only a commoner could lose to a girl, and I disagreed and told him so. In response, your son challenged me to a duel with his sword, and I chose the stick.

- Оh? - Robert looked at the prince in surprise. "So he drew a real sword and you responded with a stick? I don't know if that's disrespect or confidence. I take it you won?

- Mm-hmm," Arya replied, "I noticed that his skills were far behind my brothers. His grip on the sword was weak and insecure, and of course I took advantage of that by striking his hand. And the rest you already know.

- She's lying, Father! She attacked me for nothing! - objected the prince.

- You're the one who's lying! - Arya joined in.