Chapter 6

Tanizaki stared as the man bowed in front of them. Chuuya Nakahara, the Port Mafia's right hand man, standing next to THE mafia boss.

As he stared at the two mafia members, his heart pulsed frantically, in hellish dread - blood rushing to his ears, fists clenched and shaking slightly. He hated the feeling of fear. Of danger. He despised this feeling, ashamed that two people could have such an oppressive and intimidating effect on him. The habitual dread of being near mafia, stemmed from a young age, had Tanizaki's guard up. So much so, that he almost missed his president's statement.

"Nakahara Chuuya will be temporarily staying with us until this whole conflict is over. I hope you can look it within yourself to be profesional and respectful towards him. He is now a client."Fukuzawa said, addressing his agency members. None of them looked enthusiastic, Kunikida looking as if he swallowed something sour while Dazai looked on calculating.

"What.", Tanizaki choked out, his head swimming. This wasn't right, why would this be allowed? It seemed like the hatred deep rooted inside him was being displayed. He wanted to lash out at the president for allowing murderers into this environment, an area of safety and comfort, and allowing them to taint it with there presence.

Fukuzawa picked on the excessive tension and uneasinesses radiating from his members. His eyes softened in understanding, "I understand that this situation isn't great for anyone, and I appreciate all of your willingness to even hear this out. Chuuya will be staying in my room, he will help out with this investigation as his personal experiences will be helpful for us to close this case."

"That's right." Chuuya agreed. It was the first time he had spoken in this conversation, "I won't do anything against the truce rules. I'm here to stop this threat and that's all I'll do."

Tanizaki, for the first time since this odd encounter, stopped to stare at the executive. It was without a doubt, that Nakahara Chuuya was objectively attractive.

Chuuya was sensual, in a way that dared you to admire him. His impressive but lithe body stood proudly, confident and dangerous. His eyes were alluring and intense, sparkling with incredible power. Even as he stood seemingly unbothered, it was incredibly obvious looking at him, the immense power he radiated and held.

It seemed like the others around him also noticed Chuuya's aura.

"I still don't think he should be staying with you president," Kunikida interjected. "Truce or no truce, he's still mafia".

"If your agency members are so nervous about my executive staying with you, Fukuzawa, then why doesn't my Chuuya stay with someone else." Mori bemusedly suggested. Tanizaki wanted to punch his condescending face.

"We will arrange that later, Mori." Fukuzawa stated.

Mori's grin widened, as if he had just heard something amusing. "Well, it's time for me to depart", he turned to face Chuuya, who's lips quirked into a crooked grin and eyebrow's tugged upwards - the first proper expression he made.
"I hope this threat is eliminated soon, my dear. The Port Mafia wishes for your safety." Mori's hand patted Chuuya's shoulder fondly

"I promise when I get back, we'll crack open a bottle, boss." Chuuya chuckled. "Ane-San would surely like that as well."

"Then, I'll have to look forward for that."
And with that, the most feared man of the city of Yokohama bowed towards the Agency members and walked off, out through the door.

Leaving the agency members silent, and staring a Chuuya.

...

"Where are your belongings?" Fukuzawa enquired, breaking the awkward silence. With that, many of the members departed. Yosano returned to her medical room while Naomi and Haruno quickly scampered to the secretary desk. Ranpo suddenly disappeared as did the kids.

Those who remained were Atsushi, Kunikida, Dazai and Junichiro.

"Akutagawa will be bringing some essentials later on today." Chuuya responded. Atsushi grimaced while Kunikida scowled.

"Tell him to bring some magnifying glasses as well. We don't want to lose such a small chibi placed under our watch" Dazai jeered.

"Shut the fuck up, Dazai." Chuuya snapped. The open hostility toward each other made everyone else tense.
Kunikida immediately slapped the back of Dazai's head. "Stop aggravating him."

"Please notify us before he comes." Fukuzawa asked, changing the topic not unkindly, "Today, a few of us will be checking out the subarachi slums to see if there were any witnesses to whoever wrote that message. We would like you to accompany them." There wasn't no room to refute.

Chuuya bowed his head, "As you wish"

"Wow... bowing down to someone other than Mori, Chuuya?"

"If I'm staying here, and you want it to be peaceful. I suggest you keep that piece of shit away from me." Chuuya said, through gritted teeth. Kunikida raised his eyebrows incredulous at the open threat.

Fukuzawa-San didn't bat an eye. "Of course. I understand. Please follow Kunikida and the others, they're very capable people and I trust that they treat you well. Dazai will stay behind in the office today"

"I also would need a place to keep some belongings. I can't really walk in to the slums looking like this."

"You can leave whatever you need to, in my office."

"Thank you, president" Chuuya was grateful for someone unbiased in this place. The president was incredibly formidable and respectful, it was nice to have someone pleasant with him. He wouldn't mind following the agency members for his sake...

...As he exited the agency, tentatively walking alongside previous rivals, he turned towards Atsushi. "So man-tiger, what is actually your name?"