Chapter 53

For a moment, the three stayed that way, basking in pure relief and joy from the new reunion.

The weight of two and a half previous years began to lift, slowly replaced by the new hope of the future.

"We need to get you out of here," said Jae, glancing around the room. "It's not safe."

Y/N weakly nodded. "But Jae, where is Jackson?"

"Jackson? What the hell would he be doing here?" Jae asked, with his voice full of a mixture of anger and confusion.

Y/N looked up, eyes expressing heaviness as they filled with concern.

"He was with me in that facility. He helped me get out, Jae. He risked everything to get me out."

Jae's expression went hard, anger raging just beneath the surface.

"Don't you remember what he did to you, Y/N? What did he do to us?" He shook his head, his voice was firm. "I can't trust him again, Y/N."

Y/N's eyes were pleaded him .

"We misunderstood him, Jae. He did it for a reason."

With a swirl of emotions Jae clenched his jaw, but before he could say anything, Jungkook cut in again, sounding urgent.

"Um. Guys?" He looked back and forth between the two, trying to keep them focused on the real danger. "Jae, I think we should hurry."

Jae nodded. "He's right. We can't afford to waste time here."

"Don't worry, babe. We'll find him," Jungkook said while looking at Y/N, his voice softening.

He then gently squeezed her hand for reassurance.

Jae left the room first while checking the surroundings.

The word Y/n said about Jackson had his mind unsteady. He could not shake off the uneasiness that clung to him while they made their way through the secret path.

Focusing on what was most needed is to get Y/N out safely , but the thought of Jackson's betrayal worry him.

Jungkook stood closely to Y/N as his protective instincts spiked.

As they approached the car, Jae's phone buzzed in his pocket with a message from Namjoon. "ARE YOU SAFE? IS SHE THERE ? IS SHE OK?"

Almost instantly, Jae replied, "We have her. She is safe. We are coming back."

Jungkook turned to Y/N with eyes that showed absolute determination.

"We'll get you home, and then we'll figure it out. Okay?."

Y/N nodded, gripping Jungkook's hand tightly. "okay."

And with that, they pulled away from the facility, their minds filled with relief and anticipation.

Jackson's Pov:

As Jackson watched Jae and Jungkook take Y/N away, a flood of emotions surged through him.

His heart ached with a bittersweet mixture of relief and pain tears streamed from his face uncontrollably.

"Is this the last moment we ever have together?" he thought, the words echoing painfully.

"After everything I've done to protect her, after risking everything...is this how it ends for us?"

He wiped his eyes, but the tears continued to stream down, mingling with the rain that had started to fall.

"I knew they'd never trust me again, not after what I did. But I had to, for all of us. I just hope they can see that someday."

Jackson felt a heavy weight in his chest, a longing that felt like it was crushing his very soul.

"Will she ever know the truth? That I never stopped Loving her, that i never stopped caring for her ,even when it meant becoming the enemy in their eyes?"

The facility, a place of agony and secrecy, felt now to him like a hollow shell about him.

"They have her now," he thought-a tiny flicker of hope amidst all the pain "She's safe. That's all that matters."

But as the car disappeared from view, a deep sense of loss settled over him.

"Goodbye, Y/N," he whispered into the night as his voice broke with the weight of his emotions.

"I hope you find the peace and happiness you deserve-even without me."

Jackson stood there for a long time, tears mingling with the rain.