𝑵𝒐𝒐𝒓𝒊

𝑵𝒐𝒐𝒓𝒊 - my light
⤙2⤚

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ꨄ
The first step is always the hardest

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ꨄ

❡𝑱𝒂𝒏𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒆

I looked into my mirror as I gave myself a once over. I hadn't fully registered yet that I was going to be in a new school and that I was going to meet new people. My uniform was a black skirt, tie and blazers with a white shirt. We were given an option to wear a black vest underneath the blazers but I chose to leave it out.

I also noticed that every item I was putting on except my socks and shoes were branded with the school's logo. The tulip-shaped crest on my uniform stood out well. I traced it with my index as I took my reality in. There was one thing that was sure though, the Janelle everyone knew in my old school wasn't the one they'd know in the new-

"Janelle!" I could hear my brother yell, jolting me out of my reverie. In response, I yelled back, "I'd be right there Shola!"

I took all my belongings in a rush and sprinted down the stairs. I dashed to the kitchen and stole a slice of toast that my other brother, Jola was eating Ignoring his complaints and yapping. I also grabbed a juice box from the fridge before dashing right past my eldest brother, Shola and into the car to have my quick breakfast before getting to school.

In a few minutes, Shola was already in the car and he started driving us both. Me to school and he to work. The reason he was in a hurry was probably because he was starting his internship that day.

"Adeola" my brother called me.

"Yes?" I turned to look at him

"It's a new school year and you are in a new school now. It's also your senior year and I want you to focus on only what pays you. Mom would want that" he said as the car came to a sudden halt.

"Mom would always want everything but would never say it" I felt a sudden rage

"She loves you and you know that. She wants the best for all of us"

"Right, she always does" I sounded more irritated than intended

"She just wanted me to tell you to not let students and the environment pressure you alright?"

"Stop trying to defend her" I retorted and finally gave my environment attention realizing I was already at the school's gates. "Have a nice day at your internship Ishola. Good luck" and with that, I stepped out of the car and walked in the school's gates direction. At the gate, a security guy asked for my ID. I was confused because I never knew an ID was required to get in.
"I don't have one" I replied casually

"Are you new here?" He looked at me closely as if trying to read me facially

"Yes," I was immediately led inside the school to a place with a tall table and chair. It had a lot of bookshelves and books with nerdy stuff.

"Good morning my dear, how may I help you?" A voice asked and I looked around before my eyes rested on a lady. She was short and plump but was obviously in her last days.

"I was lead here by a security" I explained

"Then you must be new. What class?" She questioned