𝑨𝒖𝒕𝒐𝒑𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒆

𝑨𝒖𝒕𝒐𝒑𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒆 - Solitude lover
⤙6⤚

——...——...——...——...——...——

Wanting to live like the spring poem...

——...——...——...——...——...——

)Jennifer(

When I awoke that Thursday morning, the plan was as always. Ensure to leave the house before Mother awoke. I did everything in haste and surfed down the stairs. When I did get out of the house, I walked calmly to my limo.

There is no way Mother is coming to school with me this morning

With that thought, I entered the vehicle. I sat as always and got ready for the car ride. As the car started moving, I started getting the urge to get out of the car. It was a gut feeling that throbbed and my gut was always right. "Stop the car" was the next thing I said. My driver looked at me through the rearview mirror and he was hesitant. "I said stop the car!" And the car came to a sudden halt. It was then a familiar voice spoke beside me, "It seems my daughter didn't notice her mother's presence in the vehicle"
I turned my head slowly to face her; to face, mother. My throat tightened and I parted my lips to speak, but no words came out forcing me to shut them back.

"Move this car unless Jennifer will be late" Just like that, the car started moving and I sank into my chair. There was only one reason mother was in the car with me and that made my belly dig a pit, deeper than the abyss. As we approached the school's gates, I wanted to run out of the car. Run and never return. The car stopped and before our chauffeur could get down and open the door for me, I stepped out and walked as far away from the car as I could be.

On my way to the senior academic block, I clashed with Joanne and I hugged her. She didn't hug me right away probably because it was surprising for Jennifer Makanjuola to hug anyone. She slowly hugged me back and when she left me, she looked at me scrutinizingly. I just knew she was going to ask, "Are you alright Jenny?"

"I'm fine I was just tired" I gave a dry reply

"Okay, ooo. Whatever you say" it was obvious she was trying to wrap up the conversation. Maybe she noticed I was getting uneasy about it and decided to leave me alone. We both walked to class in silence. I put my bag on my seat and was about to sit down when my attention was called by some girl. "excuse me, senior Jennifer, Mrs. Ademola calls for you" What does that woman want from me this time?

I dragged my feet to the non-academic block but found myself halting once I had gotten there. Her office was the only administrative staff office on the first floor of the non-academic block and it was the first one you would see once you got in. There was also a large waiting room in the non-academic block. This building was where all new students were given their uniforms, and where parents came to for consultation. My eyes looked all around the room and landed on the secretary who was staring at me.

"You came at the right time Jennifer," she said not breaking eye contact. Mrs Bella is an average-sized lady with a weird walking pattern and glasses that are bigger than her head. You could tell they were big with how she adjusts the glasses all the time. I found myself walking over to her to hear what she had to say to me. "How do you spell your last name?" She squinted her eyes while looking at the computer she was focused on.

"M.A.K.A.N.J" I waited for her to type it only for her to say, "M.A what?" At that point, I knew I had to be saved.

"Jennifer, I was just coming to get you myself" My head swung in the direction of the voice only to meet the eyes of Mrs. Ademola "I need to see you in my office right now" when I said I needed saving, I wanted anyone but her. A wide smile spread across her face and it creeped me out. I unwillingly tracked behind this woman as she led me to her office. We got into the office and the feeling of running away came again.