𝑪𝒚𝒏𝒐𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆

𝑪𝒚𝒏𝒐𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒆 - Purpose
⤙5⤚

______________________✰

And then came yet another starless night

———————————————✰

Janelle

My new school was dramatic. To make my life even more dramatic, I was friends with this Joanne chic. At least she said we were but then her so-called best friend didn't even fuck with me at all. I went into the bathroom to pee and I saw the head girl. Of course, the head girl was in my set so it was nothing special seeing her in the bathroom but what was fascinating was the fact that she was washing an elastic ruler like she was trying to save her life. What shocked me the most was the fact that she threw the ruler away.

"It wouldn't kill you to walk away and not stare like your life depended on it" left her lips which sent me into a stall. It wasn't every day you saw someone wash a ruler and then trash it.
After the long wait of four periods, it was sports for the rest of the day.

Joanne and I went to the locker rooms to change into our sports uniform. Which was a white tee and white skirt, both branded with the school's logo. My first sports experience was not very nice.

I walked with Joanne who was trying to talk me into cheerleading as Jennifer was already a tennis girl but dancing and umping weren't my thing. Especially not being carried due to my fear of heights and carrying people is more terrifying.

While Joanne was getting her stuff she kept on yapping about Cole and everything he does. It always had me wondering if she liked Cole or Harrison even though one part of me wanted her to just be with Cole and leave Harrison.

After she was done, we parted ways when she went to the field for cheer. I spotted track runners. I admired track runners a lot and maybe it was because Ishola was a track runner and he was fast at that. I admired them and smiled when I saw Harrison. Then he started walking towards me.

What do I say? When he gets here. If he is even coming to me.

I looked in the other direction so it would seem I was looking at the track runners and not him.

"Janelle is it?" I finally looked him in the eye when he got to where I stood

"Oh, you" I tried to hide my excitement to see him again.

"Do you like runners, running or both?" A smile was plastered on his face and you could tell it was genuine or if he was pretending, he was pretty good at doing so.

"Yes" My brain was all muddled up when I said that

"So you like all then?"

"Yes"

No no noooooo.

"I guess you would like the sport. I'll just write your name down. just so you know, Joel is the captain of this sport"

I wanted to tell him it was a mistake and I didn't like running but it was too late, he already did and I didn't want to reduce my steeze by telling him to cancel it.

"He seems like a nice guy"

How bad could it be? It's just to run right? I chase my little brother all the time; that is also considered running right? It shouldn't be so bad.

"Five laps everybody" someone commanded. I noticed a lot of people surrounding me were adhering to that instruction and were running. I looked around for the person and my eyes fell on a sign that read, '200 km'