𝑼𝒊𝒕𝒘𝒂𝒂𝒊𝒆𝒏

𝑼𝒊𝒕𝒘𝒂𝒂𝒊𝒆𝒏 - walking in the wind
⤙4⤚

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔✦
Not everything should be...

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔✦

❡𝑭𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒚
When the last bell of the day was rung, I went in search of Tomiwa. If I didn't, he wouldn't remember he had a home to return to. As I thought, he was in his class but he wasn't with Joanne or Jennifer or all the other girls that surrounded him. He was alone in an empty class. His things were scattered all around his table and some on the floor and then, he looked like a black-haired Wole Soyinka because the two sections his hair was previously in were loosened and I could see hair ties on the table as well.

I walked to where he sat and as expected, he didn't move or act as if I had walked in. He was zoned out again, I put all his things together and into his shoulder bag. I knew pretty well what made him like that. Finally deciding to speak up, I touched his shoulder and said, "Tomiwa, it's time to go home" he looked at me probably trying to process what I had said. It took about two minutes for him to get up and leave the class while I struggled with his bag and computer which I eventually found in his locker. I was also holding many other things I found in the locker like money, a pen, a mouse and his notebook.

Ughh!

He would pay dearly for making me his slave. On my way to the car, I collided with another being and everything in my hands went straight to the floor except the computer which I had a firm grip on.

"I'm sorry" the person apologized and since the boy was taller than me, I had to look up to realize it was the head boy. Like a gentleman, he picked up everything that fell, and the computer in my hands.

I began walking downstairs and so did he. I took a few glances at him just because I wondered how all of that fit in his hands. He almost caught me staring so I never looked back at him till we got to the car. Tomiwa was surprisingly seated a the back seat. When the head boy and I said our goodbyes, my focus went totally to Tomiwa. I rode shotgun and occasionally glanced at him through the rearview mirror and with time I noticed he fell asleep. We got stuck in traffic and I tried drawing the sea of cars ahead but failed because all I drew was the heartbroken but behind.

...

Immediately we arrived home, I picked up my school bag and it seemed Tomiwa was fine with carrying his items. I made my way to my room to get my assignments started. Eventually, I showered and went down for dinner. As expected my brother didn't get down for dinner so it was just me as mom always waited for Dad before she ate. When I was done, I went up to my brother's room to check on him. I opened the door and crept in. He stood at a corner of his room looking out the window. "Tomiwa," I said to announce my presence. Like he did earlier, he looked at me and didn't say a word to me. "Are you alright?" I asked hoping for a reply. I walked to where he stood and just hugged him. "What's wrong?" I asked and he hugged me back. That side on Tomiwa, I hardly saw but I hoped it wouldn't last.

I pulled away from the hug as I paced to his dresser, grabbed a few things and put them on the bed before taking my seat on the bed. "Sit your ass down on the floor" I commanded "I will braid your hair while you tell me what's up with you" He listened and sat down. He did tell me all. As I expected, it was Joanne's drama. Tomiwa never noticed people who actually cared he loved the hard-to-get type of girls.

He found out just like I did that Joanne was with Harrison but at least they were doing shit together. It must have been hard as he was obsessed with Joanne and planned on telling her that day.