-15-

then it was clear. sunghoon... liked her. maybe. but this was not her imagination right? when sunghoon came back, she stared at him for a good five minutes, trying to read his eyes. when they were in the bed again, watching something on the TV, julie didn't even notice what they were watching.

she wanted to tell him how much she loved him, how much she has waited for this, for him. but none of that came out of her mouth.

"can you figure me out? I don't wanna watch tv anymore" was what she wanted to say. she kept looking at him. but he kept looking at the tv.

her phone buzzed then, she received some texts. it was in the school groupchat. lia and some others were talking about prom. ah yes, prom is near. everyone probably has a partner already.

should she ask sunghoon first? will it sound too desperate? but someone has to initiate, sunghoon will never say it first probably. but when she tried to say it, it didn't feel right. it didn't feel like she deserved this, deserved him, ever.

why did he keep those things in his drawer, why did he ignore her, if he really liked her why did he like her? there was nothing to like, there never will be.

she really wanted to kiss him then, just to forget everything, forget all those times she felt like she was annoying him, all those times when she wanted to die, all those times when he felt a whole universe away. she wanted to kiss him and be lost and never found.

* * *

"who are you coming to the prom with, julie?" lia asked. two days were left to the prom night. sunghoon didn't ask her. he didnt even come to school for the past week. he didn't want to go with her after all. it was so obvious but it made julie a little upset.

during recess, she hung out with marco. marco was a nice guy, he was sunghoon's friend, and a figure skater too. that day at the rink marco and julie had talked a little. these days, they've been getting close. he was a good friend, julie thought. she didn't wanna lose any more friends then. so she kept him close.

after school, marco asked julie to go to the prom with him. she was caught off guard, but agreed. there was no point in waiting for sunghoon now. he will never be hers anyway.