-18-

uhm don't look at the cover image for too long only I can stare at it <3

julie saw smoke over the bathroom door. she's been sitting on the toilet because how embarrassing would it be to go back in there. she wanted to unalive herself right then. but the smoke made her anxious. was there a fire? the kitchen was very close to the bathroom. maybe it was the smoke from the cooking, but it didn't look like that.

then the lights went off. the smoke was increasing, she could smell it now. there was no one else in the bathroom. as it was totally dark now she didn't know what she should do. she came out of the bathroom slowly. then started walking toward the hall room. there it was, the fire. coming out of the kitchen. then she heard the announcement.

she was very anxious at this moment. she couldn't go to the hall without crossing the fire. then she moved backwards. there should be an exit here, she thought. she kept walking and walking but couldn't find one. then at last she spotted a small backdoor.

she went out into the field that surrounded the building. one side of the building was already on fire. she searched for her phone but couldn't find it. "oh" she realised. she left it on the table. she decided not to go close to the building at that time and ran away from it towards the trees and bushes on the backside of the building.

sunghoon kept calling her repeatedly but then he realised that she left her phone on the table. he put it in his pocket and went searching for her again. after about half an hour, the fire was extinguished. he went towards the kitchen and also checked the bathrooms. julie was not there. he panicked again. she was nowhere in the whole building. did she go home? but then why did she leave her phone?

it was getting late at this point and julie was alone, standing there in the dark. some middle-aged men were loitering there, with cigarettes in their hands. they kept looking at her from a distance.

then it seemed like one of them was getting closer, then the others. julie felt very uncomfortable and tried to walk away, but they kept following. she didn't even have her phone on her at this point. she was almost running at this point and they were following her. there were three of them.

she didn't know what to do so she hid behind a wall of a nearby house. she remained there for a good five minutes. she didn't hear any voices then and was almost relieved that they were gone.

but just then she felt a hand grab her wrist from behind. she was too afraid to turn around when suddenly his grip on her loosened. she turned to see a boy giving that man a punch. the other two men saw that and ran away. this man too, ran away as soon as possible.

there were no lights in this part of the road so she couldn't make out who this person was but it looked a lot like sunghoon. then a truck pulled over and the lights of the truck were on.

he was facing the opposite direction from julie. when the lights fell on him, julie started to notice the beads of sweat on sunghoon's neck, and his drenched shirt. a sign that he struggled for a long time circling around looking for her, knowing that he's truly worried.

She then gathering her courage, said "sunghoon?". and when sunghoon turned around, only then he saw her feet covered with dirt, her scratched knees, feeling sorry that she was alone and scared. he felt the guilt for not being there with her, when she needed him.

uhmmm my boy punched a middle-aged man for me how hot is that🙈