Chapter 2: Confronting Loki

Several soldiers under Loki's mind control ran around, preparing to infiltrate whatever Loki had planned. Loki sits down, watching Selvig work with a CMS device. Loki meditates, until the scepter materializes him back into the throne room of The Other, fully armed in his horned helmet and armor. The Other appears from the steps.

The Other: The Chitauri grow restless.

Loki: Let them go at themselves. I will lead them into glorious battle.

The Other: Battle? Against the meager might of Earth?

Loki: Glorious, not lengthy. If your force is as formidable as you claim.

The Other: You question us? You question Him, he, who put the scepter in your hand, who gave you ancient knowledge and new purpose when you were cast out, defeated?

Loki: I was a king! The rightful king of Asgard, betrayed.

The Other: Your ambition is little, born of childish need. We look beyond the Earth to greater worlds the Tesseract will unveil.

Loki: You don't have the Tesseract yet.

The Other runs over to attack him but stops as Loki points his scepter.

Loki: I don't threaten, but until I open the doors, until your force is mine to command, you are but words.

The Other: You will have your war, Asgardian. If you fail, if the Tesseract is kept from us, there will be no realm, no barren moon, no crevice where he can't find you. You think you know pain? He will make you long for something as sweet as pain.

The Other places his hand on Loki's head and transports him back to Earth. Loki looks around, menacing. Meanwhile Y/N was with Fury and Coulson as they made their way to the quinjet and flew and landed on a ship as another quinjet landed beside another quinjet. They look and see Steve, and Natasha.

Natasha: Hello.

Venom: She's cute.

Y/N (Mind): Shut up, Venom.

Y/N: You must be Natasha and Steve.

He shakes their hands.

Steve: And you are?

Y/N: Y/N L/N.

He then sees Bruce Banner while he looks around the ship.

Steve: Doctor Banner.

Banner: Oh, yeah, hi. They told me you'd becoming.

Steve: Word is you can find the Cube.

Banner: Is that the only word on me?

Steve: Only word I care about.

Banner: Must be strange for you, all of this.

Steve: Well, this is actually kind of familiar.

Natasha: Gentlemen, you might wanna step inside in a minute. It's gonna get a little hard to breathe.

PA: Flight Mode. Secure the deck.

The three of them hear a loud whirring and clunking sound. The three of them look at the edge of the ship.

Steve: Is this a submarine?

Venom: And I thought you were stupid.

Banner: Really, they want me in a submerged pressurized metal container?

They then see propellers get lifted out of the water and begin to spin as they get lifted into the air.

Venom: Holy shit!