Chapter 13: Ultron Awakening

The Avengers are on an aircraft heading out of Sokovia, Natasha interrupts Y/N who's listening to music with his headphones.

Natasha: Hey, the lullaby worked better than ever.

Y/N: Yeah, sorry about nearly losing control.

Natasha: If you hadn't been there, there would've been double the casualties. My best friend would've been a treasured memory.

Y/N: Thanks for making me feel better.

Natasha: How long before you trust me?

Y/N: I already do.

Natasha: Thor, report on the Venom and Y/N?

Thor: The gates of Hel are filled with the screams of his victims.

Natasha glares at Thor as Venom speaks in Y/N's head.

Venom: Neat.

Y/N: Thor, you are kind of motivating Venom here.

Thor: Uh, but, not the screams of the dead, of course. No, no, uh... wounded screams, mainly whimpering, a great deal of complaining and tales of sprained deltoids and, and uh... and gout.

Tony: Hey Banner, Dr. Cho's on her way in from Seoul, is it okay if she sets up in your lab?

Bruce: Uh, yeah, she knows her way around.

Tony: Thanks. Tell her to prep everything, Barton's gonna need the full treatment.

JARVIS: Very good sir.

Tony: JARVIS, take the wheel.

JARVIS: Yes, sir. Approach vector is locked.

Thor and Steve are looking at the scepter.

Tony: It feels good, yeah? I mean, you've been after this thing since SHIELD collapsed. Not that I haven't enjoyed our little raiding parties, but...

Thor: No, but this... this brings it to a close.

Steve: As soon as we find out what else this has been used for. I don't just mean weapons. Since when is Strucker capable of human enhancement?

Tony: Banner and I'll give it the once before it goes back to Asgard. Is that cool with you?

Thor nods his head.

Tony: I mean, just a few days until the farewell party. You're staying right?

Thor: Yes, yes, of course. A victory should be honored with revels.

Tony: Yeah. Who doesn't love revels. Captain?

Steve: Hopefully this puts an end to the Chitauri and HYDRA, so. Yes, revels.

The Avengers aircraft lands at the Avengers tower in New York where Barton is taken by Dr. Cho to have his wounds tended to; Maria walks up to Stark.

Maria: Lab's all set up, boss.

Tony points to Steve.

Tony: Uh, actually, he's the boss. I just pay for everything, and design everything and make everyone look cooler.

Steve: What's the word on Strucker?

Maria: NATO's got him.

Steve: The two enhanced?

Maria: Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins. Orphaned at ten when a shell collapsed their apartment building. Sokovia's had a rough history. It's nowhere special but it's on the way to everywhere special.

Steve: Their abilities?

Maria: He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neural electric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation.