Chapter 19: Imprisoned in the Kyln

On Xander, Capital of the Nova Empire, Rocket and Groot, tree-like humanoid, are spying on the Xandarians in the city.

Rocket: Xandarians. What a bunch of losers. All of them in a big hurry to get from something stupid, to nothing at all. Pathetic.

He sees an Xandarian man with short blond hair walking on the sidewalk.

Rocket: Look at this guy! Can you believe they call us criminals, when he's assaulting us with that haircut?

He sees a small Xandarian child getting help whilst walking.

Rocket: What is this thing? Look how it thinks it's so cool. It's not cool to get help! Walk by yourself, you little gargoyle.

He sees an older Xandarian man chatting up a pretty young woman.

Rocket: Look at Mr. Smiles over here. Where's your wife, old man? What a class-A pervert. Right, Groot? Groot?

He looks over to Groot and sees he's drinking water from the nearby fountain.

Rocket: Don't drink fountain water, you idiot. That's disgusting!

Groot: Mmm.

Groot shakes his head pretending he didn't drink it.

Rocket: Yes, you did. I just saw you doing it. Why are you lying?

Rocket's tablet starts beeping warning him of a human sighting.

Rocket: Whoop. Looks like we got one. Okay, humie, how bad does someone wanna find you?

His tablet shows Peter talking to Bereet, Rocket sees that there's a bounty on Peter.

Rocket: Forty thousand units? Groot, we're gonna be rich.

Rockets looks over to Groot and finds him drinking from the water from fountain again, he sighs and shakes his head. Peter enters a shop in Xandar and is greeted by the Broker.

The Broker: Mr. Quill.

Peter: Broker. The orb.

He holds out the orb and places it on the counter in front of the Broker.

Peter: As commissioned.

The Broker: Where's Yondu?

Peter: Wanted to be here, sends his love. And told me to tell you, that you got the best eyebrows in the business.

The Broker picks up the orb.

Peter: What is it? The Broker: It's my policy never to discuss my clients, or their needs.

Peter: Yeah, well, I almost died getting it for you.

The Broker: An occupational hazard, I'm sure, in your line of work.

Peter: Some machine-headed freak, working for a dude named Ronan.

The Broker suddenly looks afraid.

The Broker: Ronan? I'm sorry, Mr. Quill. I truly am. But I want no part of this transaction if Ronan is involved.

He gives the orb back to Peter and starts pushing him towards his shop door.

Peter: Woah! Woah, woah, woah! Who's Ronan?

The Broker: A Kree fanatic, outraged by the peace treaty, who will not rest until Xandarian culture, my culture, is wiped from existence!

The Brokers starts pushing Peter again.

Peter: Woah. Come on!

The Broker: He's someone whose bad side I'd rather not be on.