Chapter 54

_ . _

Chapter 54

As the ruins of Olympus lay smoldering, the gods who witnessed the destruction stood in shocked silence. A massive golden serpent coiled through the smoke, its scales glinting like molten metal. Beside it, a three-headed kraken, with heads resembling a python, cobra, and water serpent, writhed in the chaos. Athena exhaled a sigh of relief, while inside a nearby carriage, Marcellus and Eros remained tense.

"At last, you've arrived," Athena murmured, her voice betraying her exhaustion and relief.

Eros, his wide eyes peering out from the carriage, turned to Marcellus in bewilderment. "Is that his majesty? Or am I mistaken?"

Marcellus smiled gently, patting Eros on the head. "You are correct. That is indeed his majesty, Erichthonius."

Eros's awe was palpable. He stared at the golden serpent with newfound reverence. "I had no idea his majesty was a mythical beast."

Just then, a familiar voice drew their attention. "Haa, I'm glad I wasn't late." The two peeked out to see a woman catching her breath beside a pegasus.

"Priestess Ythera?" Eros exclaimed, surprised.

Ythera, panting from her arduous journey, managed a smile. "I am a devoted follower of Goddess Athena. As a priestess of Olympus, I couldn't bear to see this sacred realm fall."

Eros returned her smile. "You're so brave, Priestess Ythera!"

"Thank you, my prince," Ythera replied, her eyes shifting to the golden serpent now confronting the kraken. "It seems his majesty arrived just in time."

"Does his majesty often take the form of a golden serpent?" Eros asked, curiosity piqued.

Ythera shook her head. "No, this is the first time his majesty has fully assumed the divine serpent form."

"How did you know it was him?" Eros inquired.

"We've known his destiny since birth," Ythera explained. "The moment Goddess Athena had learned about it, she had to be strict and put his majesty into a solitary training. Erichthonius was training on an enchanted forest a bit far from the mountains of Olympus. Athena had put up a barrier, so the young king cannot escape until he finally takes control of his power."

"That sounds lonely," Eros said, his voice tinged with sympathy.

"It was necessary," Ythera said, smiling gently. "But we had no choice to do so. His majesty is the son of Hephaesus, the God of fire and weaponry. His majesty's ability to control fire like his father is too dangerous if he gets out of control. If that ever happens, Olympus might end up burning from his fire, and his majesty might have to blame himself for making such a mistake."

A loud commotion from the coast interrupted their conversation. The bystander gods were shouting, their fear palpable.

"What is Erichthonius doing?" 

"Why isn't he killing the kraken?" 

"Hurry up and destroy it!" 

"We can't let it ruin Olympus!" 

"This is our sacred land!"

The golden serpent turned its blazing eyes towards the gods, a roar of fury silencing their cries. The sheer force of its roar pushed the gods back, leaving them in stunned disbelief.