016. Pop Culture References Are Abundant

We hide out in a nearby, abandoned, cellar Loki knew about for some peculiar reason.

Loki leans against the doorway, an amused expression on his face as he watches me pace. "This Wanda Maximoff, is she really as powerful as a witch as you say?"

I sigh and nod. "Yes, Loki, I've already told you this, like, a bazillion times."

"Oh, yes, but I do enjoy watching you get frustrated." Loki chuckles, his dagger flipping through his finger tips once again.

I scoff, then immediately get annoyed at my frustration when I see his face light up. "Getting to Wanda won't be easy, she's not one to trust easily, especially after recent events," I continue, ignoring his elated expression.

"Indeed. But I have no doubt the two of us will find a way," Loki says, a smirk playing on his lips, "considering your remarkable talent for avoiding catastrophe every time we venture into danger. So why the solemn expression?"

I make a noise of exasperation. "Because, Loki, my memories are on the line! I've spent nearly my whole life trying to figure out what kind of shit happened to me that caused all my memories to disappear, and now I find out it might be because of Hydra!" I shake my head, willing the tears beginning to fill my eyes to dry up. "Before I left the Avengers, me and Wanda were close. Hopefully she still feels that way, but... she might also believe that I abandoned her."

Loki is silent for a moment, but I'm too scared to look up and see what kind of emotions are crossing his face. Eventually, he says, "If you two are as close as you claim, I am hesitant to believe she would discard you so quickly."

I sigh in exasperation. "Yeah, but you don't know what kind of person she is! What she's been through," I say the last bit quietly.

Loki hums in consideration. "Well, whether she's willing or not, I am confident in our combined ability to convince her to help. With my charisma and your... iciness," I glare at him and he chuckles. "How could she ever refuse us?"

"Whatever," I grumble, "when'd you become the optimistic one anyway?"

Loki gets a considering look on his face, tapping his chin with his dagger in mock thought. "Perhaps optimism is the friends we made along the way."

I crinkle my nose. "Did you just make a pop culture reference?"

Loki's face lights up. "I did indeed, I am so very glad you noticed. I have become quite taken with Midgard and it's little apps, particularly this Tik Tak app."

I groan and bury my face in my hands. "You've found TikTok." It's less of a question and more of a statement.

"I believe that is what it is called, yes," Loki replies proudly, pulling his phone out to share his discoveries with me, no doubt.

Immediately, I snatch the phone out of his hands and he looks up, wounded. "Your phone privileges have officially been revoked," I boom, dramatically, "until this quest is named over, I will keep this little rectangle object in the safe hands of myself."

Loki looks affronted. "You dare anger the God of Mischief?" He takes a menacing step forward.

"Yes," I respond bluntly.

Loki steps up real close to me, glaring down at me from the heavens. "You will regret that decision later, Darling."

"Whatever." I roll my eyes and tuck the phone into one of my many pockets in this really cool vest I'm wearing. "Now can we please discuss how we're going to get Wanda to help with my memories?"

Loki shrugs, not moving an inch. "Simple." With a flourish, Loki conjures an illusion, creating a distraction on the far side of the room. He turns to me with a grin. "While any guards are occupied, we'll slip past unnoticed."