Hello, Laima

Chapter Ten
Hello, Laima

Name    Laima
Meaning    One who is fortunate;
In mythology, the goddess of luck

Lourdes and Luis had been eagerly awaiting the arrival of their baby girl, and as they took a leisurely walk around their neighborhood on that warm June evening, they couldn't have imagined the adventure that awaited them.

As they strolled hand in hand, enjoying the gentle breeze and the chirping of birds, Lourdes suddenly felt a sharp pain in her abdomen.

At first, she dismissed it as a false alarm, but as the pain intensified, she knew that this was it - their baby was on the way.

With adrenaline coursing through their veins, they hurried back home to gather their belongings and head to the hospital.

Luis remained calm, his reassuring presence a source of comfort for Lourdes as they navigated the busy streets to reach the hospital.

Despite the pain, Lourdes couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement and anticipation building within her.

Upon their arrival at the hospital, Lourdes was swiftly admitted to the maternity ward, where she was greeted by a team of nurses and doctors who would guide her through the labor process.

As the hours passed, Lourdes's contractions grew stronger and more frequent, each one bringing her closer to meeting her precious baby girl.

For thirteen long hours, Lourdes endured the pain of labor with unwavering determination, her focus fixed on the promise of the new life she was about to bring into the world.

Luis stood by her side throughout it all, offering words of encouragement and holding her hand tightly, his love and support unwavering.

Finally, in the early hours of June 2nd, Lourdes's perseverance paid off as she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl.

The moment she held her daughter in her arms for the first time was nothing short of magical - a culmination of months of anticipation and a love that knew no bounds.

They named her Laima Cadouskha Martinez, a name that carried with it the hopes and dreams they held for their precious daughter.

With tears of joy streaming down their faces, Lourdes and Luis shared the news of their daughter's arrival with their family and friends, using FaceTime to introduce baby Laima to their loved ones who were unable to be there in person.

The sight of their daughter's tiny face brought smiles to the faces of Lourdes' parents, Aseosa and Lejan, who were overjoyed to welcome their granddaughter into the world. And Luis' parents prayed over their granddaughter over the phone.

But the excitement didn't end there. Lourdes's sister, Almia, who was pregnant herself, along with her two sons, Zion and Za'khi, wasted no time in making arrangements to fly in and meet the newest addition to the family.

The prospect of their children growing up together filled Lourdes and Almia with a sense of joy and anticipation, bonding them even closer as sisters.

As Lourdes and Luis settled into their new roles as parents, they were overwhelmed with gratitude for the love and support of their family and friends.

The next three days in the hospital were a whirlwind of emotions, from the exhaustion of sleepless nights to the overwhelming joy of watching their daughter thrive under the care of the hospital staff.

Finally, on the third day, Lourdes and Luis were discharged from the hospital, ready to begin their journey as a family of three.

As they walked out into the warm June sunshine, their hearts were full of love and gratitude for the precious gift they had been given. And as they looked down at their daughter, cradled safely in their arms, they knew that their lives would never be the same again - and they wouldn't have it any other way.