chapter 43

Yara

It's just the start of the new year, I touch my belly softly, I'm few weeks pregnant, next week we're going to our first ultrasound to check up, I discovered I was 2 months pregnant already so we're so excited. Right now I'm in the Netherlands, we've spend days in Thailand. Martijn is in Japan for some events he has. I put Anouk to bed and she is asking for Tijn. "He will be back in five days," I say and she smiles, "I miss Tijn," she says and I nod. "I do too sweetie," I tell her snd kiss her forehead. "Sleep well my darling," I say and tuck her in.

I close the door and finally have some time for my own, I grab some chocolate and hot warm tea to watch a movie with. I smile softly and grab a blanket to wrap around, just before I wanted to put on my comfort movie Martijn is calling me, actually FaceTiming me. I smile and pick up. A happy face appears on and my smile grows.

"Hey, how're you?" He asks me and puts me down on, I think a desk. "Good, I don't feel sick anymore," I say happy, last week I was puking and constantly having headaches but I'm good now,  "only Anouk is not feeling great now," I say and swallow softly. I feel a bit tired as well. "Oh kinda sucks," he replies and I nod. "And you?" I ask him and he smiles.

"Good, it's beautiful here like usual," he smiles and I smile too. I can't help to smile when I see him smiling. "But there's one thing, I do really really miss you," he says and I chuckle softly. My cheeks turn in the light shade of pink and look away quickly. It's insane he can make me feel that way, so shy like a little girl.

"I have plan," he says and I look at him, saying nothing.

"I just want to see you so I was thinking, maybe I can fly to our house," he says and I shake my head. "You're crazy," I disagree with him. "I just miss you and can't get you out of my head," he says. How did I make this man so obsessed with me? "Do you have no plans right?" He asks me and I shake my head. "Great, because I'm coming home," he says and shows he already packed his suitcase. "But the event then?" I ask him confused. "Well. I was there, maybe not long but I was there," he says, "I want to be with you."

I just kick my feet in the air and feel so happy, he's coming home in less than 12 hours. "See you soon beauty," he smiles and I smile too. "see you soon," I say and kiss through the screen. He hangs up and I feel so happy. I put on this movie and watch it with the most energized feeling ever, he's coming homeee.

I fall asleep and I feel two arms lifting me up and I slowly wake up. I hear someone laughter and I see Louis standing in my living room. What? I look up and see Martijn. "Babe," I say and hug him, as best as I can. He chuckles and holds me close. "Mommy," I hear and I smile. "I can't imagine how uncomfortable this must be," martijn says and I look down on the couch. I feel my back indeed hurting very much and I nod. "I'll put mommy on bed," he tries to explain Anouk. He lays me down and pulls off my jogging, hoodie and gives me a shirt of his, where I can sniff in. He puts the sheets all over me and press a kiss on me. "Aren't you tired?" I ask him. "A bit. But you need more rest," he smiles and press a kiss on my forehead. "I give Anouk her breakie," he says and kisses me softly. I love this man.

🦢

I woke up few minutes ago, now I'm chasing into clothes, feeling a bit better now and walking off the stairs where I hear loud giggles and laughter in the living room. I quietly open the door and a huge smile appears on my face. Martijn is fully accepting his role as girly dad. Anouk is putting like fake make-up on his face. "Mooi he," she says and I chuckle softly. "Really pretty," martijn says nodding in the mirror. "We could drink tea," she says and gets her little tea service set. Martijn is just joining the whole play thing and I think it's so adorable. "Paint!" She says and runs to the cabinets with white paper. "Oh god," he whispers and runs after Anouk. "Anouk," he says and gets her out of the cabinets. She throws a tantrum and he doesn't know how to handle this. No worries I got him. I be a little bit strict and Martijn kisses me.

"Did you sleep good?" He asks me and wraps an arm around me to pull me closer to him. I nod and lean against him. "You're playing so cute with Anouk," I say and he raises his eyebrow. "You've been watching us?" He asks me and I chuckle softly. "It was way too cute," I say and he smiles. "Well fair enough," he mutters and Anouk has stopped with her tantrum, cause she sees no one is paying attention to her when she cries like that. I hug him and he hugs back. "I missed you," I say and he smiles, "I'm happy I'm back," he presses his lips onto mine.

"Mommy and daddy stop!" We both hear our little opinionated daughter. "I give mommy kisses cause mommy deserves a lot of kisses," Martijn convinces Anouk. "Mommy loves daddy," I say and he smiles. "Daddy loves mommy," he replies back and kisses me again, now Anouk has enough of it and tries us to stop for doing that by pulling at our pants. "Anouk wants kisses too?" Martijn asks and lifts her up. She wraps her arm around my head and we both gives a thousand of kisses. She start giggling and kicking her feet into the air. Like a little a baby, she's my baby girl and hers the man that will set the example for her, example of a healthy and nice relationships with man. I know Martijn would anything for Anouk, he will walk through fire for Anouk, it's not even his own child get that. That's why I'm so happy that he's the man she can look up too and always can come to when she got hurt by a guy, later in her life.