𝐕𝐈

𝐀𝐭𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚, 𝐆𝐞𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐢𝐚 | 𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝐫𝐝

Nai's hand trembled in nervousness as the phone rang. For some reason, her heart was beating out out of her chest and her forehead was sweating. It had run about 3 times before it finally picked up.

"Hello?" Sin answered in a groggy voice. A rush of relief had come over her. It would've been so embarrassing if he hadn't answered the phone, but it would've been because he was asleep.

And she had completely forgotten about the time zone difference. It was about 10:30 am for her and 7:30 am for him. And he didn't get up that early.

"Hey, sorry I woke you up," she said, still a tad bit nervous. She didn't know, but his face had lit up on the other end when he realized who it was.

"Nah, nah, you good," he said with a smile that she couldn't see. "Oh, well, I was just calling to wish you a happy birthday," she said.

She didn't forget, he thought.

"Thank you so much," he said with obvious cheer in his voice. "You're so welcome, and I wish you many more," she smiled. "I really appreciate that, Nai. You really made my day," he expressed his gratitude.

"I'm glad I could, but I'ma let you go back to sleep. Have lots of fun," she chuckled. "I'll try," he laughed, "Aight, I'll take to you later."

"Alright," she said before ending the call. She sat her phone down on the counter with a smile and sense of relief.

Meanwhile, he sat his phone back on the nightstand and sat up in his bed. He was so happy. Overjoyed, even.

Overjoyed.

***

"You seem overly cheerful," Marco scrunched his face up at Sin as he cracked a crab leg. All Sin wanted to do was go eat crab legs and shit with his brothers.

"I can't be happy on my birthday, Nigga? Damn," he chuckled. "I mean, yeah, but damn! You ain't frowned all day!" Meechie said. Sin laughed.

"Well, Nai called me this morning and told me happy birthday. It just made a nigga happy, that's all," he said and tried to downplay his excitement just a bit.

"What! That's good, Nigga! Y'all back cool. See, I knew the trip would bring us closer. But Marco hating ass always wanna tell me I'm wrong," Meechie said. Marco gave him the finger.