Epilogue

_ . _

Epilogue

After Nemesis departed from Olympus, having delivered her divine retribution, the gods and goddesses ceased their conflict and dispersed in silence. They recognized that continued strife would further imperil the Primordial gods, who watched from the heavens.

Two days after the reckoning, the gods were astounded to discover Hestia's profound connection to the celestial deities beyond the skies. Debate erupted over her exclusion from the Olympian Twelve, despite her being the eldest goddess. Blame quickly fell upon Dionysus, accused of usurping Hestia's place, and upon Zeus, who had suggested she relinquish her position in favor of Dionysus.

Chaos reigned throughout Olympus for a week, the gods unable to accept the divine punishment inflicted upon them.

Meanwhile, beneath the ocean waves, Poseidon's castle lay in ruins. Triton had been found dead in the basement, a devastating blow that left Amphitrite on the brink of madness. As the castle was painstakingly rebuilt, Amphitrite and Poseidon's nymph daughters moved to a temporary sanctuary to heal and recover from their grief. Poseidon, consumed by his own anguish and seeking answers, journeyed to a temple near the entrance to the underworld.

Without uttering a word, Poseidon entered the temple, his presence barely acknowledged by its mysterious guardian. He passed through the imposing gates and walked through a vast, echoing hall. At the end of the hall, in a grand chamber, stood a woman gazing at her reflection in a mirror, a balcony beside her offering a view of the dark landscape beyond.

"Eris," Poseidon greeted, his voice heavy with the weight of recent events.

Eris, The Goddess of Strife and Discord

Eris glanced at him briefly before a sarcastic smile spread across her face. "I was wondering who my guest might be. I didn't know it was you."

Poseidon remained silent, his face etched with tension.

"What do you want from me this time?" Eris asked, her tone dripping with mockery. "Aside from the rumors about Medusa back then, we have no significant connection," she continued, moving gracefully toward a nearby sofa.

Poseidon gritted his teeth, glaring at her. "It's your fault that Olympus is—"

"My fault?" Eris interrupted, feigning shock. "Are you listening to yourself, Poseidon?"

He clenched his jaw, the silence between them thickening.

"It was indeed I who told you about Medusa's beauty and which temple she resided in, but did I instruct you to assault her while Athena was preoccupied with the banquet?" Eris asked, sipping her tea, amusement dancing in her eyes as she watched his silent struggle.