Chapter 7: Jaundice, PTSD and lovebirds

3rd Person

[Beacon Academy, Combat Class]

Combat class with Glynda Goodwitch, On the arena was Jaune with his Crocea Mars panting as he was exhausted and Cardin stood there with his mace The Executioner perched on his shoulders, Jaune stood up again then charged his way to attack Cardin only for him to duck and avoid his strike leaving him an open and to be struck back by Cardin with his Mace sending him flying away losing his shield in the process, getting up Jaune charged again with his sword high clearly inexperienced in fighting charged again to Cardin only for him to block his attack. Their weapons locked in, Cardin slowly forces himself up towering over Jaune.

"This is the part where you lose"

"Over my dead-!"

Cardin cut Jaune off short by kneeing him in the gut, making Jaune drop to the ground in pain clutching his stomach. Cardin raises his mace and is about to slam it down on the poor Jaune.

"Cardin that's enough!" Glynda Goodwitch stopped them before any more damage is done. Stepping down to the arena with her Scroll tablet revealing Jaune and Cardin's aura to the screen for everyone to see "Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's Aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-styled duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and that the official may call the match."

Jaune still layed down on the floor in defeat, looking at his aura gauge from his scroll, it was blinking red. Glynda turned her attention to him and spoke up.

"Mr. Arc I believe it's been weeks now, please try to gauge your Aura to help you decide whether when it's appropriate to attack or when it's better to move defensively, better yet train more in swordsmanship, as you know your quite lacking of it" She scolds him.

"Speak for yourself" Cardin mocks him.

"Try practicing with sword users Mr. Arc in your spare time. Remember, everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale!

The bell rings, and students start leaving while Pyrrha continues to frown sadly. Jaune, still sitting on the floor, hangs his head in shame.

...

Scene shifts to them eating at the cafeteria with other students around them. Nora on the other hand was telling a story, others listened closely, Weiss was filing her nails, Blake continues to read the Bible that Azrael gave, Azrael looks at Jaune while he listens, Tank enjoying a whole turkey, Knox plainly eating, Charlotte who looked like she's having a bad day and Jaune who was touching his food with a fork.

"So! There we were, in the middle of the night...!"

"It was day.." Ren corrects her

"Surrounded by Ursai" Nora continues

"They were Beowolves" Ren holds his cup of coffee"

"Dozens of them!" Nora stands up slamming the table while at it.

"Two of 'em" Ren interjected

"But they were no match... And in the end, Ren and I took them down and made a boatload of Lien selling Ursa skin rugs!" Nora finishes while Ruby and Phyrra looked at Jaune with worry as he mess with his food.

"Is that even possible?" Knox comments while eating a broccoli with a fork.

"I do not know but she's been having this recurring dream for nearly a month now." Ren sighs