Accidents + comfort

Ricks POV
I woke up to the sound of sobs coming from my side. I roll over to see Daryl crying and a feeling of wetness underneath the blanket. It took me a couple of seconds to realise that he had an accident. I got up out of the bed and picked him up. He buried his head into the side of my neck and I rocked him up and down on my hip until he calmed down. Once he had calmed down he still clung onto my hip which was a sign he was regressed. He tried to say something but it was just babbles that came out of his mouth. He began to cry again when he couldn't get his words out. I begin rocking him again so he doesn't start crying loudly. After a bit I was still holding him on my hip when he started sucking his thumb. So I place him on a dry bit of the bed and bend down to grab his pacifiers from my bag. He whined at the loss of contact but as soon as I picked him up he had stopped whining. I held out the pacifiers and let him chose which one he wanted. He chose a light blue one with a cute outline of a squirrel on it, he placed it in his mouth and began sucking on it contently. Daryl looked so cute, I wish I could have took a picture of him but I didn't. I noticed that he was beginning to fall asleep so I wake him up and tell him I've got to wash him and change his clothes before he could go sleep. He just nodded and snuggled up into me.

While Daryl was clinging onto me like a koala I grabbed all the stuff that was needed. I decided that I will just take a towel for us both and we will just get dressed in the cell. I look around outside and no one is around and it is still dark outside. It must be early hours id say about 2 or 3 in the morning but I can't quite say. I carry Daryl towards the shower room while he is playing with my hair and enjoying his pacifier. Once we arrive at the showers I place him on the ground and go to undress him when this time he begins pushing my hands away and is refusing to let me do it. I ask him what's wrong but he's too regressed to tell me he just babbles and is getting more sensitive than before. I try to undress him again but he begins crying even more and is still fighting with me so this time I ask him if he wants to get out of his icky clothes and get dressed into something more comfy clothes. He nods but this time he makes grabby hands towards me still crying and this time he calls me 'dada' which caught me by surprise but makes me happy that he sees me as his daddy. I pick him up carrying him on my hip again and this time he calms down, I realised that he's clingy at the minute and he wanted me to hold him while undressing him. So I say to him 'oh is someone a clingy baby at the minute?' Which caused Daryl to giggle a bit and babble to himself. I undress him and then myself and get ready to shower. I take the pacifier out of his mouth just for the shower but Daryl didn't seem to like that and whined while his eyes welled up with tears. I quickly comforted him saying that if he has it during the shower it will go all soapy and we don't like soapy pacifiers. When he heard soapy he scrunched his face in disgust. We got in the shower Daryl still clinging to me, I gently clean his private areas and his his body neck down. Once I had done that I told him to close his eyes and mouth and began washing his face. I then quickly sat him down on the ground while I washed myself before turning the shower off. Daryl was whining about the loss of contact I then dried his face with a towel before giving him his pacifier. I then wrapped myself and him in a towel.

Once we were both wrapped in a towel I picked Daryl up and carried him back to our cell as quickly and quietly as I could. I placed him on the dry area of the bed while I quickly dried myself and got dressed. I laid my towel down on the floor and laid Daryl down on the towel. I dried him everywhere and put baby powder on his private area. I then lifted his legs up slightly and slid a diaper under his bum. I was hoping they would fit as they were the largest size I could find and surprisingly they did fit him perfect I also noticed that when I carried him he seemed quite light. Which made me think that he could be a bit under weight. But I managed to tape up the diaper easily and it fit him perfectly. I then changed him into a onesie that was buttoned up at the crotch. I then put some joggers on him and told him that I was done. He made grabby hands towards me and I picked him up took the mattress of the bunk we were sleeping on. I sprayed it with lots of febreeze so it wouldn't smell like wee and put it to one side. I then grabbed the mattress that was on the top bunk and put it on the bottom bunk. I then grabbed my bag and grabbed the stuffed animal and blanket and gave it to Daryl. Daryl was clearly regressed to a young age at the minute as he was pretty much non verbal now. He was babbling before and during the shower but not anymore. I decided to go toilet before bed so I quickly went but heard whimpers behind me. I turned around and seen Daryl crying so I sat on the bed and pulled him onto my lap and softly rocked him for a few minutes. Once he had calmed down he began to yawn. I continued rocking him until I heard the soft snores coming from him. I laid him down between me and the wall so he wouldn't fall off the bed at some point during the night. I laid down next to him and rolled over so I was facing him. He looked so cute and content again, it was a memory that will always stay in my head. I wrapped my arm around him and fell asleep eventually.