Seperated

Daryl's POV
Today was going to be a good day or that's what I thought.

For the last couple of weeks we have been having conflict with a guy called the governor and his group but our last interaction with him he warned us that he was going to attack our camp, and kill anyone he could because he wants the prison and we refused to give it to him. So we had made a plan for when they do attack us. We had an area where we would all meet up, which was a shopping strip that was just over a mile from the camp. Carol, Tyreese, Beth, Carl and a few of the others would take the bus to where we are meeting, me and the rest of us would be shooting at them.

Today seemed to be a good day or it was until shit went down. We all had breakfast together, I was sat down with Rick and carol just talking about stuff. I told them that 'I've got a bad feeling like somethings going to happen.', carol agreed with me saying something felt off. We had finished eating our breakfast and began to do the duty's that Rick had wanted us to do.

It was going alright until lunch time when we heard cars pulling up. We new instantly it was them and we headed to grab our guns and we all got into positions. They had started shooting at us instantly and we shot back at them. I quickly went to ricks cell and grabbed the bag. I headed outside and got in my position, I had began shooting at them, killing as many as I could. The group that was going in the bus had just left out of the back. We were now shooting at each over and we have practically killed most of their men and we were about to kill the governor until them motherfuckers launched their tanks at us. We were expecting gun fight not tanks. We had split up into our own groups, I was by myself, still shooting at them pricks, while I headed towards the front of the prison. I killed a few walkers who got in my way but I still managed to shoot at them. I managed to clear out the area I was in from them and the walkers. I managed to get out of the prison and began walking towards our meeting point. Not all of us made it though.

It probably was about a half an hour walk to get there. I lit a smoke and continued to walk down towards the meet up killing the odd Walker every so often. After a while I had finally reached the place where the others had been waiting for us and i went up to carol straight away giving her a hug. She smiled and said 'thank goodness, you are okay', and i just nodded into her shoulder. We broke up from the hug and sat down on a log and people were asking me if I was okay. I had noticed that Sasha, Bob and Tara had made it to here before me. We were all waiting for Glenn, Maggie, Michonne and Rick to come. After about 15-20 minutes Glenn, Maggie and Michonne had arrived but no Rick. I was beginning to worry now, I need Rick he was the closest person I have to family, I can't lose him. I ask them 'where's Rick?', they all said they weren't sure they were together but they had gotten split up from Rick. I began shaking my leg and I was biting my nails worrying that I may not see him again. I walk of into the woods, I'm not sure how far I walked but I sat down with my back against a tree. I light a smoke, lost in thoughts and I began crying. I must've been there for about ten minutes before I heard someone behind me. I didn't bother to look who it was, I heard someone bend down and ask me if I was okay. I recognised the voice so I looked up to see carol next to me. I was in and out of slipping and I needed Rick. I just said 'no' and started crying into her shoulder, she started to hug me while rocking me softly.