Up and down day

Ricks POV
It's been about an hour since we had left the meeting point and we've been looking for a camp. Me and Daryl are sat next to each other on the bus and carol was sat behind us. I told Daryl multiple times now that he needs to eat and sleep but he keeps on refusing to do so. There's something more going on with him but I'll talk to him later when we are alone. He was now laying with his head on my lap playing with his crossbow and I noticed that he had a massive bruise across his knuckles and they were all cut. I asked him what happened and he just ignored me so I ask him again. He sighs before saying 'I punched a tree, it's not a big deal'. I asked why he just shrugged. I sighed knowing that there's no point of talking about it.

After about another hour we had noticed a sign for a place called Alexandria so we followed the directions to it. Me and Daryl were talking to each other and I noticed that his eyes kept drooping so I told him that he could go sleep but he refused and told me that he wasn't tired which was an obvious lie but I'll let him be for know. We continued talking and carol was now involved with our conversation and we were talking about all sorts of stuff. Daryl has had been a bit better now but he has had this horrible attitude all day and it's beginning to bother me.

After about half an hour we had arrived at the camp. They had built walls all around but it was very quiet so we presumed that there was no one living there until the gate started to open. We all got of the bus and headed towards the gate. Daryl was next to me and when we got there they asked us a few questions like 'how many of you are there?', 'how many walkers have you killed?', 'how many people have you killed?', 'Why?' So we answered the questions honestly and they had let us in. There was a woman ,who had let us know that she is the one in charge of the camp, had welcomed us to Alexandria and told us that we would all be sharing 3 houses between us. In house 1 will be me Daryl and carol, in house 2 will be Glenn, Maggie, Michonne, Beth, Carl and Judith, in house 3 will be the others.

We were then introduced to a guy called Aaron and his boyfriend Eric who was going to be giving us a tour of the place before we go to our houses. The whole time I had Daryl next to or behind me and I had realised he was being very clingy to me. After about 10 minutes later we had finished the tour and was now being show our 3 houses which were right next to each other which was quite useful for us to be honest. We all went our separate ways to our houses and we looked around them. They were nice houses and were quite fancy homes. I still had Daryl following me. Me, carol and Daryl headed upstairs to view our bedrooms and kitchen. They were nice 3 bedrooms which all had double beds and a bathroom that actually had a bath and it just showers. I let Daryl and carol know that I was going toilet, carol nodded and Daryl didn't do anything. I began hearing bickering so I listened quietly to what was being said and I heard Daryl say ' Bitch you didn't have to tell Rick that I hadn't ate or slept and this bruise on my hand is all your fault if you had just left me alone instead of being a pain in my ass!'. Carol had sighed and asked him 'why are you being rude to me for?' He had just said 'I ain't being rude.' Carol just sighed in defeat before walking downstairs. I flushed the toilet and went out of the bathroom unsurprisingly seeing Daryl there waiting for me.

I was shocked to hear Daryl saying such horrible things to carol even though she had done nothing but help him. This was the last straw, if Daryl wanted to act like a brat then he can get the punishments of acting like one. I went into my room and Daryl had followed me in there. I told him to sit down on the bed so he did and I began to have a go at him about his attitude. I said to him 'what is your problem Daryl, you've been nothing rude the whole time and I know what you said to carol so don't play dumb.' He didn't seem to be happy about my confrontation of his attitude. He stood up and yelled back 'i ain't got no fucking attitude' and went to swing at me. So I grabbed his fist and pushed him away from me towards the bed. This seemed to be the breaking point for Daryl as he began crying.