Chapter 11

Nicolas, frustrated by the absence of his car, marched into the garage in search of answers. However, to his dismay, the vehicle was nowhere to be found. Perplexed, he approached the other family members, his irritation evident in his voice. "Has anyone seen my car? I can't locate it anywhere!"

Rosie, equally puzzled, responded, "I'm not sure, Nicolas. We haven't come across it. Have you asked everyone?"

Amidst the mounting confusion surrounding Timothée's actions, Adeline approached Kevin, her face filled with concern. "Kevin, you informed me that Timothée went for a walk, but now Nicolas's car is missing. Is there something you know that we don't?"

Kevin furrowed his brow as he processed the new information. "I had no knowledge of Tim taking the car. There must be a reason behind it, but I can't say for certain."

The discovery of the missing car and Timothée's apparent deception added another layer of suspicion to the already complex situation. The family couldn't help but question why Timothée had taken the car and what he might be concealing. A sense of unease filled the air, intensifying their feelings of apprehension.

In a sudden realization, Kevin's eyes widened. "Wait a second, I think I know what's going on. That son of a bitch went to find Floret." The puzzle pieces seemed to fall into place, leading to Kevin's "Aha!" moment. Shocked by this revelation, Adeline couldn't handle the weight of it all and fainted.

Sylvia gasped, witnessing her mother's collapse. "Oh my god, we need to get her to the hospital!" Concern etched on her face.

As if by magic, Adeline regained consciousness and dismissed the idea of going to the hospital. "No, no, we've already spent too much on the wedding. I'm perfectly fine," she insisted, brushing off her skirt with determination.

Sylvia, still worried, questioned her mother, "But Mom, are you sure?"

With a reassuring smile, Adeline replied, "Yes, my dear. Now, go and find your brother for me."

The family, amidst their mounting concerns and confusion, rallied together, each with their own thoughts and anxieties about the unfolding events.

Determined, Timothée drove his car, his mind focused on his mission. However, he soon realized that his cassette tapes were missing, prompting him to turn on the radio. The familiar sounds of Linkin Park and The Cure filled the car, and he cranked up the volume, seeking solace in the music as he tried to recall the directions to his old inn, Syfel.

As he passed Lovelain, he noticed that the once-beloved coffeehouse had been replaced by a new bar. The theatre, known as "Sparks," stood empty as always. Catching sight of an elderly man, resembling a rabbi or priest, crossing the road, Timothée made a turn but misjudged it, resulting in a collision with a pole. The car's lights were damaged, and Timothée apologized to the onlookers before continuing his journey.

Finally, he found himself near McGraw's toy store, realizing he was close to Syfel. Parking the damaged car, he entered the inn, where the guard questioned him about the car. Timothée brushed off the inquiry and approached the receptionist, eager to find Floret. He asked, "Hey, is Dr Floret Eastwood in her room? Can you please give her a call?"

Recognizing him, the receptionist exclaimed, "Hey, I remember you! You used to work here, right? Jim, something?"

Correcting her, Timothée replied, "It's Tim. Could you please give her a call?"

Apologetically, the receptionist explained, "I'm sorry, sir, but Dr Eastwood no longer stays here, and we're not allowed to disclose her current location."

Frustrated and desperate, Timothée blurted out, "Okay, listen, how much money do you want?"

Maintaining professionalism, the receptionist responded, "Sir, that would be unethical."