Chapter 2: Shepherd's Singles Match

Imogene is in the women's locker room she has a match later on against Billie Starks, the two women had a brilliant friendship that steemed from their time in the independent circuit and Gene was really excited for Billie when it was announced she had a contract.

In fact they went together and celebrated with a few friends, from ROH and AEW, that was long before she was put into this storyline with Cage, she then got up and walked out eventually talking to The Bucks.

"You still not talking to Harry?" Nick asks as she shakes her head "nope, my mom wants us to patch things up but I don't think that's happening anytime soon" Gene says as Matt nods "he really doesn't like this storyline huh?"

"I have no idea why, any other time he didn't mind" Gene says placing her hands in her jacket pockets as the three of them continued to talk "how's Kenny?"

"Last time we checked, he was alright" Nick says as Imogene nods as the they talked once more before Gene left and headed towards Cage's locker room and knocked on "come in Gene" Cage says.

Imogene entered the room only to see that it was just Cage "where's Lucha?" She asks as Cage looks at her "went to grab a bottle of water" he says as Gene nods.

The duo talked about her upcoming match with Leva Bates, the duo had an extremely close bond in fact Leva usually helps her train, Luchasaurus came back several minutes later.

***

Gene kicked Leva a few times mocking her, before slamming her head on the mat, she went for the pin despite knowing that it wouldn't happen just yet.

She kicked out at one, Imogene hit Leva a few more times before Leva eventually fought back but it didn't take long for Imogene slammed her back down by using her hair, she got up on the top turnbuckle and used the 450° Splash.

Gene crawled to Leva as Cage watches on with Luchasaurus as she pins Bates "the winner of the match Imogene Shepherd" the crowd booed though she didn't care.

***

Backstage stood Nick Wayne, his mom, Sting and Darby "what if we tried to get Imogene on our side" Allin says as Nick raised an eyebrow "truthfully, I don't think that will work" Nick says as Sting agrees with Nick.

"Why not? I mean, no one has tried it yet so we won't know" at this point Nick looks a little worried which his mom noticed, he firmly believed that Gene won't turn on Christian.

Author's Note:

Will she turn on Cage? I seriously doubt it but Darby has a point, no one has tried...

What's next?