Sexy teacher

"Detention!" I snap at Linny, who is taking shots like she is drinking water. She planned to be shitfaced tonight, and I could see it happening soon.
"I will bend you over and give you a pelvic exam, do not test me" she hisses the liquor sloshing over the shot glass.
"Sound like a good fucking time" I take a sip of my beer Scanning the costumes. Everyone had pulled out their best while Linny and I looked mediocre. Our bodies were the real costume. Titties and skin. Ass and abs. You get the image.

The scent of marijuana was thick in the air, and Halloween decorations hung around creating an icy setting. A smoke machine mixes With tobacco and weed. Whoever is in charge of the playlist is taking their job very seriously. The creepy beat thrums through the speakers.
Red LED lights hide some of the filth of what was going on at the party but not much. On the far couch is a pack with their hand between their mate's thighs. A guy on his knees head buried between a creepy doll girl.

To get to this party I've ugly cried and had more than one panic attack.
How is one supposed to take the news of their dead loved ones being back from the dead? They don't. They move on autopilot. So here I am dressed as a teacher or a slut on to my second drink and my mind already onto the third.

An arm wraps around me making me jolt. Hayden, a water wielder was also on the force.
The guy is a beast. I've grown accustomed to the magic shield around him. That happens when you grow close to another, their magic has a specific feel, the scent being. Hayden is like sea salt with some caramel. The caramel comes from the bond he has with his brother.

"Do you guys always flirt when you're drunk" his hand was bandaged a red already leaking through. A faint bruise was forming on his cheek. Something about a bruised-up guy was so soothing.
"Occasionally" I poke at his fist with a raised brow
"my brother" he says and it was an explanation in itself.
Axel and Hayden, The brothers had a rough relationship. Not a soul could come between them yet they were the reason they were frequently bruised up. Some would say they hated one another but I'd say the opposite they were like two lions roughhousing.

"Who won" Linny slurred.
"Probably Axel?" I tease distracted, my eyes looking around the party for my now alive mates. You know when you want to see someone, your mood depends on whether or not you see them. That's me.
They were embedded in my mind and always had been but this situation I had found myself in was causing me anxiety and bringing up issues I hadn't dealt with. Some part of me was thinking they were again a fragment of my imagination. So I needed to see them.

"Nah, I beat his ass he's in hospital" he perked up waving a hand at someone across the room.
Louis Adler shoved his way through the crowd excitement in his eyes. Adler was a mess dressed up as Nanny McPhee it was the tooth he'd glued on that gave it away maybe the old-fashioned dress too.

I felt them then, my body coming alive. Yes. This is what I needed. Since I'd lost them, they'd taken a part of my sanity and soul. The mate tie soaking us in reenergising me. Like I was finally getting the vitamins I needed.
Simply being in their presence was as if I'd come alive along with them.
They brought me back.

"Did you hear" he all but screamed into my face.
"Back up" Hayden pushed his palm into Louis's face.
Louis was unbothered by the palm in his face still buzzing with excitement. "East joined the force" I froze. They were acting like the boys being back was normal.
"Didn't they disappear?" I asked in a feigned nonchalant tone.
"What?" Hayden looked genuinely confused. Except I was the confused one.

East had always wanted to join the force so I wasn't surprised.
What did surprise me was the fact no one remembered their funeral.
It's as if it never happened. as if my months of mourning and depression never happened.

"Hey bro" Louis was yelling over my head and I already knew who he was speaking to before they arrived in my eyeline.
My power sat up in my chest at their arrival. Eyes wide and desperate, she was desperate and not in the least helpful.