𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱

Whisper low in my ears

˚₊𓆩༺🕷༻𓆪₊˚

𝔸𝕊 night fell over the camp, Lilith and the Addams boys donned all black and masks, moving stealthily towards the fence. "Hurry up!" Wednesday urged, gripping Lilith's hand tightly. Pugsley lagged behind but quickly caught up, saying, "I'm coming." He crouched, ready to help lift Lilith over the fence. Just as she placed her foot on his hands, a voice interrupted their escape.

"Wait!" The trio turned, with Wednesday stepping protectively in front of Lilith. "Who's there?" he demanded. Joel emerged from the shadows, hastening towards them. "Be careful. Tetanus," he warned, pulling out a tool to cut the fence. However, the piercing sound of an alarm echoed through the camp, followed by the barking of dogs. They turned to see campers, Gary, and Becky approaching with flashlights. "There they are! I saw them sneak out," Amanda shouted, her voice filled with glee at catching them. Lilith tilted her head, her eyes narrowing into a cold glare aimed at Amanda.

Three camper boys advanced, pulling off their masks. Wednesday's eyes blazed with anger as one of the boys yanked off Lilith's mask. The intensity of his glare made the boy falter, stepping back in fear. The atmosphere was tense, charged with the Addams family's defiance and the campers' nervous excitement.

"Children, what do you think you're doing?" Gary asked, disappointment etched on his face. Wednesday stood protectively in front of Lilith and replied, "We have to see our family. It's very important." Becky chimed in, "More important than a summer of fun? More important than making new friends? More important than sharing?"

Lilith's eyes narrowed as she retorted, "Are you saying that family is not important?" Her question wiped the smile off Becky's face. Gary turned to Joel. "And, Joel Glicker, I'm surprised at you." Joel stuttered, holding the gate cutter, "I-I have to get out of here. I have allergies."

Becky mocked him, "Oh, you're allergic? To sunshine and archery and crafts?"

Lilith muttered under her breath, "To you people."

Amanda, seizing the moment, rallied the campers. "I think they should be punished. Punished! Punished!" The campers echoed her chant, their voices growing louder.

Lilith's eyes glinted darkly as she considered what plan she might devise for Amanda. Becky interrupted the chant, wrapping her arm around Amanda. "No! No! We are not here to punish. We are here to inspire."

Amanda shot a smug look at Lilith, but quickly looked away when she met Wednesday's cold glare. Gary, trying to seize control, spoke to the campers, "Do you know what just might turn their sad and potentially wasted little lives right on around?"