16. The First Honeymoon

*Purely Fictional Story*

AN: '16' na eppovume special dhane 🌚 Happy reading chap 16!

And though I know none of you will skip this chapter, kadamai ku disclaimer podren: Feel free to skip if this makes you uncomfortable.

__________________

Late Thursday evening that week saw an enthusiastic Sadhana, who was free from her period, bombarding Ananth with questions about where they could go on their honeymoon. Though initially flustered seeing Ananth roam in their house in his formal shirt and boxers, it had become an endearing and kinky sight for Sadhana over the past few days.

Ananth on the other hand, was a little worried. No, not about his attire - he was supremely proud of them for accepting that. He was concerned about not being able to meet Sadhana's expectations about where they could go for their alone time. She had been dropping many hints, most of which were direct 'Kulukulu nu edathuku pogalama?' 'Snow and malai (mountains) ku nadula irundha evalo nalla irukum la' 'Bonfire pakkam a unga kai pidichutu okkaranum nu aasai'.

He knew she was hinting at Kashmir.

But he would need to gently speak to her about where they could practically visit.

"Inga vaa" he was seated on the dining-chair and put down his cup of orange juice. He also took the cup from Sadhana's hand, placed it near the cup of ice cubes on the dining table and pulled Sadhana to stand between him and the dining table. He put some distance between them, feeling somewhat disappointed that he was going to disappoint his wife.

And when she saw that his arms were not wrapped around her waist like they would usually be in this position, she frowned and waited for him to speak. A few moments passed and he still was silent, busy playing with the pleats on the knee-length skirt she was wearing. She understood he was stalling and decided to go to his aid.

"Ananthu ku enna aachu?" she laid her hands on his hands and patted them twice to comfort him. Hearing the softness in her voice, the guilt in him opened up "I am sorry Sadhana" he apologised in a low octave.

Lifting his chin up to look into his eyes that refused to look at her, she moved closer to him, in between his legs, and cupped his chin. "Enna pa aachu?" she brushed his hair away from his temple as if brushing away his worried thoughts.

"I know unakku Kashmir poga aasai nu, aana.." he dragged, trying to read her face for any signs of disappointment.

"Aana?" she urged him to complete.

"Aana, Kashmir na travel time jaashti maa. Enakku avlo leave kedaikaadhu. Flight la polam aana adhu romba expensive." he finally managed to see her eyes - it was more to study to what extent she was disappointed and how he should be consoling her.

"Idhuku dhan nethu lendhu sir ippadi irukeengalo?" she asked him with a smile, rubbing his cheek with her thumb.

"Eppadi?" he asked her earnestly. He had mixed feelings seeing her smiling face - happy that she was not disappointed, but also guilty that she was understanding of their situation.

"Mandai kozhambina maari" she chuckled out loud. She then took his hands that were to his sides, wrapped them around her waist, and moved further into him as much as the chair would permit her to.

Grateful for the comfort she was offering him, he rested his arms on each side of her waist, and intertwined his fingers behind her back. Unknown to him, his face was seeking some sort of reassurance from her. And she was quick to recognise it.