14. The First Surprise

*Purely Fictional Story*

__________________

Couple of weeks later

"Aaah aah ah" Sadhana whimpered as she leaned against the dining table and clutched a dining-chair for support. Ananth rubbed her waist and soothed her in his base voice "Konjam poruthuko. It will become better soon". He brushed away the small strands of her hair from her sweaty temple and brought her palm to his lips. He gave her ring finger quick wet kisses to calm her down and to distract her, but her eyes told him that his efforts were in vain.

"Saadhu enna nee trust pandre la?" he rubbed the side of her hips up and down, drawing her attention to his eyes. Finally looking into his eyes, she nodded a subtle yes. He too nodded his head in response, to assure her that it would be fine. But she could not help but bite her lips when she saw his long fingers sink into a deep cup next to her on the dining table and pick up an ice cube from it.

And then he went down.

To apply ice on her little toe that she had rammed into the wall while walking out from the kitchen.

A few moments earlier, her loud cry had rushed him from the bedroom on the upper floor and he had come scurrying, skipping steps on the stairs in his hurry. Seeing Sadhana clutch her foot with tears trembling in her eyes, he had not known how to react except give into an ache that had instantly creeped into his heart. Getting words from the crying Sadhana had been a task too - but he had finally managed to learn that her little toe had had a path of its own and had bumped into the edge of the wall.

He had wiped away her tears and made her stand leaning on the dining table while he had gone to empty the ice tray from the fridge into a bowl. He had placed a small ice cube on the hurt-toe when she had whined in pain. She would not let Anant give her toe the ice-pack and had, with a strong force, pulled Ananth up by his hair.

Which is why he was now pacifying her and cajoling her into letting him give her the ice pack. He sat cross legged on the floor, lifted her small-sized foot and rested it on his bare thighs. He had been getting dressed for work when she screamed, so he had not thought twice before rushing to her in his formal shirt and his boxers.

Whether it was due to the chillness of the ice cube or the sight of her foot resting comfortably on his muscular thighs, her whimpers started to reduce. She scanned his scantily-haired legs and admired the firmness of it. Amsam a iruku ivaru kaalu. Idhaiya paijama-vum lungi-um pottu marachu vechurkaaru? Her heart ignored the pain in her foot while making its observations. She was about to let her gaze go further up his thighs when she was disturbed by him clearing his throat.

"Rasichu mudichacha?" he enquired her with a smirk to which she turned her gaze embarrassedly to the wall rather than answering him. Chuckling, he softly placed her foot on the floor only for her to start whimpering in pain again. "Idhuku dhan solluven medhuva nada nu. Edhuku maa ivalo avasaram? Porupe illa maa" he placed her foot on his thigh again and massaged it as he complained to her about her.

"Ungaluku socks eduthu vekka dhan.." she mumbled, her lip twisting in annoyance at being scolded. She refused to look at him when he tapped her knee to make him look at her; and she only gave in when he tickled her heel. Giggling and forgetting about the pain, she gave her hand to him and pretended to easily pull up his gigantic form while he willingly gave into her act. To make it more interesting, he too pretended to lose his balance due to her forceful pull and casually fell on her, internally thanking the strong dining table.

The playful Sadhana immediately became quiet as Ananth towered over her. Their proximity still rendered her speechless initially each time before the thug in her usually appeared. Casting down her eyes, she held onto his shirt buttons but promptly looked up with widened eyes when she realized his pants were missing.