Chapter 6

Nightfoot sat alone at the edge of the territory watching a lonely Kittypet sit in silence... he'd seen the cat back when it was a kit, it had its mother back then... but now its mother had gone to wherever it was Kittypets went after death... Nightfoot remembered his own mother, she hadn't lasted long... Tulip tribe, A Rogue group of cats had attacked Thunderclan and in the mist of it all... his mother had fallen to Tulipcove's wicked claws...

Nightfoot shook his head and stood up, when he turned around he saw an unfamiliar yet familiar face... Rogue! He scrambled backwards and tripped on the pile of sticks that had sat in front of him before.

"Who are you?" the Rogue growled, who was he? Who was this guy?!

"I should be asking you that! This is Thunderclan territory!" Nightfoot snarled as he scrambled to his feet... he never got a break around here!

"I'm Damien, and last I checked 'Thunderclan' wasn't a thing" Damien flexed his claws and continued to growl at him.

"Well, I'm Thunderclan so you better believe it you... you, Mouse-Brain!" Nightfoot huffed.

"Alright then... Thunderclan... nice to meet you?" Damien unflexed his claws and sighed.

"Oh! No, no! my names Nightfoot, Thunderclan is my home..." he shook his head, what a mouse-brain...

"Your name reminds me of my mother" Damien chuckled as he took a seat and curled his tail around his paws.

"What was her name?" Nightfoot knew he shouldn't be talking to a rogue, but he seemed friendly... maybe he was actually just a loner.

"Lilypelt" Damien chuckled again "sadly she couldn't stay with us... said she had people who relied on her..." he sighed.

Damien's mum was... Lilystar? Him and Flamestar were kin... who was this mysterious tom, and why had Lilystar go off with some outsider?

"I had siblings too, sadly they didn't make it long after mother left... my father was heartbroken, he hunts with Ghost tribe now..." Damien stretched and stood up again.

"Ghost tribe? What's that?" Nightfoot stood up and padded over to stand next to Damien.

"It's where my ancestors go" Damien started to make his way across the grassy field, with Nightfoot not far behind "Do you not have a Tribe?"

"I have Starclan, that's where Clan cats go" Nightfoot found it strange, how had he never heard of another like Starclan?

"I see, I'd love to learn about them... I still don't know where I'll go after This life." Damien heaved himself over a big log as the two slipped into the thick bracken.

"You should join Thunderclan... if you want of course" Nightfoot giggled as they landed softly onto a Rabbit "Wow, now that's a lucky catch"

"What do you mean catch? Are you a scavenger?" he tilted his heads as he watched Nightfoot bury the rabbit.

"I suppose that's your version of a Warrior" Nightfoot stretched "I'm not that, I'm a Medicine cat"

Damien stared in shock at him, was it that big of a deal? "You mean... like a messenger?"

He didn't know what a messenger did, but it must be just as important.

"I suppose so, yes" Nightfoot smiled as the two continued to make their way through the bracken.

"Wow, I wish I was something like that... I was a Traveler before I left..." Damien sighed; his eyes were filled with sorrow...

"why'd you leave?" He didn't expect Damien to answer... they'd only just met after all.