Chapter 7: the end

Nightfoot led the way through bracken and brambles all the way to where he last met the big tom. He didn't think Flamestar would be this interested in meeting his half-sibling, especially because it meant his mother had broken the warrior code.

Flamestar pushed past Nightfoot and crashed through the last of the bracken in front of them. It had been so long since the two of them were out of camp together, it reminded him of when they were apprentices... it had been so simple back then, now everything was in shambles... it didn't make sense.

"Is that him?" Flamestar stopped and pointed towards a cat shaped figure in the distance.

"Uh... yes." Nightfoot nervously replied.

Flamestar growled and made his way across the field to the big tom, Nightfoot hoped they didn't fight and padded over to them.

"Nightfoot? who is this?" Damien tilted his head and blinked in confusion.

Flamestar growled again and stared at Damien. Nightfoot wasn't afraid they were going to fight each other anymore; he was afraid the two giant cats would forget about him and simply crush him with their paws.

"This is Thunderclan's leader Flamestar, he's come to speak with you" Nightfoot stepped back to let the two-stand face to face.

"Well... this is a pleasant surprise! It's a pleaser to meet you Flamestar" Damien softened his voice and bowed his head. "What do you need?"

Flamestar growled once more before speaking "I don't care for you or your formalities, just tell me about that mother of yours"

Damien blinked in surprise and turned to Nightfoot who simply shrugged.

"Uh... well, my mother was a cat from someplace far away from here... uh she liked long walks on the lake and enjoyed a good sparrow..." Damien tried to laugh away the tension, but Flamestar didn't care for his joking tone.

"You do know you're a half clan cat... right?" Flamestar's fur was starting to prick up. Nightfoot had a feeling he didn't come to talk with Damien... but confront and kill him!

"Uh, I didn't actually.. did you know my mother?" Damien had noticed Flamestar's aggressive stance and was trying to avoid any sort of joke.

"Know her? Of course, I knew that Dark forested fool!" Flamestar seemed to have lost all respect for his mother now that he knew she wasn't as great as he'd thought. "That horrid creature is dead!"

Damien froze and stared at Flamestar; he obviously didn't understand the aggression...

"And now you will follow!" Flamestar jumped on top of Damien who began helplessly flailing around like a kit.

Nightfoot Clawed onto Flamestar's back to try and get him to let go of Damien, but he was easily flung off on to the dirt. He watched as Flamestar slashed at Damien, he bared his teeth and dug into Damien's shoulder.

Damien let out a horrible yowl before he finally broke free. Damien took his turn and launched himself on to Flamestar's back and dug into his shoulders with his claws.

Flamestar growled and flung Damien off of him, the two cats pounced at each other.

Flamestar clawed at Damien, and Damien head butted Flamestar causing him to lose balance and trip, this sent Flamestar into a violent rage.

Flamestar bit and tore at Damien's pelt, he ripped fur off of Damien and pierced his skin.

Damien yowled as Flamestar continued to claw at him, Flamestar even attempted to rip Damien's head off of his neck, but finally Damien broke free... instead of fighting back again, he decided it was best to flee, and so he disappeared through the bramble and out of sight.