Chapter 5: the long chapter pt 1

Nightfoot and Flameclaw walked silently to the Moon tree, they weren't sure how the ritual would work now that the sacred place was covered in pure darkness deep within the Thunderclan territory... so they went later than they would have on a normal trip to the moon pool. Nightfoot sat down near the edge of the clearing as Flameclaw touched his nose to the tree.

Nightfoot sat silently for what felt like moons before Flamestar stood up and walked over to him "You know... I never got to show you that thing" Nightfoot stared in confusion, Wasn't that Shadowclan warrior the thing? "We should head back and rest now" Flamestar meowed as he left the clearing.

Nightfoot woke up to a dark and dreadful forest, the trees twisted and the ground muddy... Nightfoot turned around to take in his surroundings, where am I this time? He turned around again to see a dark shadow looming over him, He jumped in fright and hunched his back "Nightfoot..." the shadow stepped closer and Nightfoot realised it was Crywing again, Crywing looked sad and lost "where am I?" he was hoping Crywing would help him, but the cat just shook his head and sighed "I don't know... I wish I did but I don't."

Nightfoot frowned, what kind of dream was this? Nightfoot's hair pricked up as he heard the rustling of a nearby bush, Nightfoot crouched and stepped forward until he could see out the other side of the bush... I guess it was nothing, he thought as he went to lift his head out of the bush "Nightfoot!" he darted his head around just in time to watch a figure rip open Crywing, Nightfoot stared at the permanent shadow as it crossed over to where he stood, a yellow and toothy grin spread across it's face as it clawed the side of Nightfoot's face, he didn't know what to do and proceeded to stare desperately at the muddy shadow. The shadow laughed at him before slowly disappearing into the ground, Nightfoot was all alone...

"Nightfoot? What are you doing here?" Nightfoot turned around, he recognized that voice. Standing in front of him was Flamestar "where are we?" he hoped Flamestar would have an answer... he stared blankly at the small cat "somewhere you shouldn't be" The Thunderclan leader turned flicking his tail in Nightfoot's face... when his tail had moved away, he was gone... what is going on? A shiver ran up his back as the world got darker and darker...

The air was heavy, and the camp was silent when he'd awoken from his horrible nightmare, was that another prophecy? What did it mean? Nightfoot was terrified of what might happen if he didn't tell someone, but something else deep inside him begged for silence and secrecy... how would he even explain his dreams to begin with? He took a deep breath, and slowly made his way out into the clearing, no ones awake? The clearing was bare and empty, not even the wind was moving about... Nightfoot stood there all alone, he never enjoyed being alone... "why are you up so early Nightfoot?" he hadn't even noticed Mistyheart making his way over to the young medicine cat "I wasn't feeling too tired" he mewed, Mistyheart looked at him with a bright gleam in his eyes "I suppose neither of us were" Mistyheart took a seat close enough to Nightfoot so that their Coats touched "Mistyheart... do you think Starclan cats can die?" Mistyheart looked puzzled "I don't think so? But I'm not a Starclan cat so I wouldn't know" both cats sat in silence for a while, Nightfoot felt rude getting up and walking away but he was getting uncomfortable sitting next to the deputy... Nightfoot had always respected the young warrior, they'd been den mates once... but he always felt uneasy when he was near the light gray tom.

"Nightfoot... you spend a lot of time with Flamestar don't you?" Nightfoot turned to Mistyheart and nodded "would you consider him a friend?" Nightfoot stared at Mistyheart, where was this conversation going? "I guess so, yeah" Mistyheart looked disappointed "well, that's good to hear..." Mistyheart stood up and gave Nightfoot's head a lick "tell the clan I'm out hunting if they ask, would you?" Nightfoot squirmed uneasily and nodded.