18. The Amethyst Mage

Eliya had delivered the lunch basket to her mother at the healing sanctum, leaving it quietly in a corner as her mother attended to a patient. The sanctum was a place of hushed voices and urgent care, and Eliya didn’t want to disturb her mother’s important work. Without saying goodbye, she slipped out as quietly as she had come.

As she made her way through the town, her eyes were fixed on her feet, avoiding the townfolk's side glances and murmurs. The cobblestone streets were familiar, but she hardly noticed the vibrant flowers blooming in the gardens.

Turning a corner absentmindedly, she suddenly collided with someone, jolting her back to reality. She looked up quickly, an apology on her lips, and found herself face to face with a young woman, dressed in an elegant, yet practical ensemble that exudes a sense of sophistication and style.

She is wearing a long-sleeved, white blouse with intricate lace detailing around the neckline and cuffs. The blouse has a fitted bodice that accentuates the waist and is likely made of a soft, flowing fabric. Over the blouse, the woman wears a black corset that cinches at the waist, enhancing the hourglass figure. The corset is adorned with decorative lacing and some metallic accents, and a book clasped in her hip, adding to its stylish and slightly edgy appearance.

She then paired her top with a skirt. The skirt is a tiered, ruffled design in a soft purple hue. It is ankle-length and has multiple layers that create a voluminous and flowing silhouette. The ruffles adds a touch of femininity and movement to the outfit. On top of the skirt, there is a black apron-like overlay tied at the waist. This piece adds contrast and depth to the outfit, giving it a layered look. It is tied at the back with a decorative ribbon.

The outfit is completed with high-heeled, knee-high brown boots. The boots have a sleek design, contributing to the overall elegance of the attire. Lastly, the young woman carries a small, stylish handbag that complements her outfit. Additionally, she wears subtle, yet chic jewelry, including earrings that add a touch of sparkle.

Overall, her outfit is a blend of practicality and elegance, suitable for a young mage who values both functionality and style in her attire. The combination of soft colors, intricate details, and layered design makes it a unique and eye-catching ensemble.

“I’m so sorry!” Eliya exclaimed, stepping back quickly and feeling a flush of embarrassment. “I wasn’t watching where I was going.”

The young woman laughed softly, a melodious sound that seemed to lighten the air around them. “No harm done,” she said, her voice pitched higher, joyful, and friendly. “I wasn’t paying much attention myself.”

The young woman same around her age then looked at her, and so Eliya, both eyes locking, examining each other. As Eliya stares at her, she can not remove her eyes at her face, being described in her mind.

She has a heart-shaped face with a broad forehead and a slightly pointed chin. Her eyes are large and almond-shaped, but it closes as she smiles, turning into an 'eye smile', giving her a lively and expressive look. Her eyebrows are well-defined and have a natural arch, complementing her eye shape. She has a small, straight nose that fits well with her facial proportions. Her mouth is wide with thin lips. Her cheeks are slightly rounded, giving her face a youthful and cheerful appearance. She has long, straight purple hair that frames her face nicely.

"PURPLE HEAVENS!" the young woman with purple hair exclaimed, breaking the intense staring between them two. "Where are my manners?. I'm Mori Anon, came all the way from Amethyst Arcanum." she said, giggling, offering her hand.

"E-Eliya of the House Medici." she replied, overcoming her shyness, then took Mori's hand and shook it.

"PURPLE HEAVENS!" Mori again exclaimed, shocked that she was in fact face to face with a member of a noble house, a high one considering. She then tried to curtsy but stumbled at the end.