distraction

sunghoon was utterly, completely alone, unable to figure out whether to be relieved, or feel lonely over the absence of his nuisance of a dearest pal.

however, the moment he gripped onto the neck of the beer bottle, his thoughts completely blanked out. it was the urge to drink that had completely taken over his being.

the taste of alcohol had become so familiar. it shot him with a warm feeling. he had only now come to the realisation, that it felt even more dear than any of the lips he had kissed.

each chug became increasingly desperate. so much that he found himself better off being hit with a heart failure, than to just let go off the third bottle in hand.

"don't drink so much..." it was a whisper in his ear, as he turned around to face the woman staring at him with care, making it clear that he'd spent at least a night or two alongside her.

the worst part? he couldn't even remember who she was.

a wave of pity deluged him, as he set the bottle down and immediately pulled the lady into his lap. maybe that's just the person he was.

he kissed her, hard. she tasted of vodka, making her recent intake clear. there was no intimacy in the lip-lock, but it definitely served its primal purpose - to be pleasuring.

sunghoon started to trail kisses down the nape of her neck, as the girl giggled and whispered nothings into his ear. he was unable to catch onto them, however, amidst the pounding music. not that he cared to listen anyways.

until, his hands that previously caressed the lady's waist came to stop, right as his gaze fell onto the figure entering the club. a sense of unease enveloped him, as his eyes treaded over jungwon, who seemed to be weaving his way past the countless bodies.

his gaze didn't wander. at least not until the latter sat down onto the third-most barstool to the left, as the bartender didn't even need to ask for his order, already knowing it, as usual.

sunghoon tried to draw back his attention to the girl, however his movements became strained and frigid. it was as if he was completely pulled out of his feelings.

the girl, sooner or later, found her own interest waning, and shot the other a perplexed look, before getting out of his lap and mixing in with the throng of dancers.

a sigh of frustration escaped sunghoon's lips, as he was again, unable to decide whether to let the disappointment or uneasiness take control of him. in the end, his hands reached out for the same unfinished beer bottle, knowing he was better off alone with the company of his liquor.

his eyes trailed over jungwon's subtle curves. since his back faced him, that was really all that was left to see. his gaze never left the latter who downed his vodka shots nonstop, while sunghoon on the other hand, continued to chug onto his beer, the only thing he could cling onto, nonstop.

even that synchronisation between the two made him feel things.

yet, sooner or later, he completely stopped thinking. be it about jungwon, or anything else. all he knew was his vision was getting blurry, and his body was hanging down by a thread, inches away from completely collapsing.

this darned distance.

sunghoon's vision grew cloudy, and he squinted his eyes to get a better look at the latter. his free hand smoothed down his shirt, almost as if he was trying to calm his nerves. like any other day, he was completely out of it.

he didn't bother thinking it through, carelessly placing the beer bottle aside and taking unsteady steps towards the bar. he plopped himself onto the barstool right next to jungwon.

his gaze bore into the younger, as if he was inhaling him by the eyes alone. shot after shot, jungwon was so out of his mind, he no longer kept track of his surroundings. he was making a mess out of himself. the final shot, at least most of it, oozed out of his mouth. a mess.

however, sunghoon's gaze was almost stuck onto the line of vodka trailing down jungwon's neck, before eventually disappearing under his shirt. it made it harder to breathe for the other.

jungwon let out a soft groan and shut his eyes close, finding himself completely consumed by the pleasuring effect of alcohol in itself.

"are you always this drunk here?" sunghoon had no control over his words, and yesterday's interaction between them only weighed down the tension. his gaze examined the empty shots messily arranged in front of the latter, before staring down at his half opened shirt. just for a split second.

jungwon's silence and obliviousness drew him into a state of fury.

"does it feel nice? being passed around like this?" sunghoon asked, his voice a tad bit colder, a tetch harsher. however, again receiving no response from the latter became his last straw.

he grabbed onto jungwon's chin, his actions seemingly aggressive as he forced the other to look into his eyes. yet all he was met with...was a void.

jungwon's eyes awaited a kiss, a touch, or at least a pick up line. all that he had received from others... he expected them to repeat themselves.

his gaze was so devoid of everything. almost creepy, as if you were staring at a dead body. it was like a doll's, with its buttoned up eyes.

jungwon, on the other hand, closed his eyes and tilted his head, just to lean into sunghoon. he tried to push himself towards him. it was as if he had learnt nothing from the day before.

but sunghoon didn't accept the kiss. he simply stared at the latter, focusing on smaller details. especially the way his eyes shut off and his parted lips gave away a sense of undying hunger.

"you're used to this, huh?" sunghoon muttered under his breath, before yanking and letting go of the other's chin. he could've locked his lips with him. he could've kept him away from being toyed any further. but he didn't. he simply found jungwon disgusting.