10- Top Ten Ways to Kill a Chair

Daisy's Pov:

Definitely was not expecting my dad to be okay with the fact that we all almost drowned.

My dad squirted an unhealthy amount of mustard on his sandwich as I bit into my own sandwich, sitting on a stool at the counter.

I'm not sure how this came into the conversation because it was totally off-topic, but that's how he flied. "Seen much of that kid who came over for spanish homework couple months ago? Works at Baskin Robin's?"

"Cole?"

"That's my boy. He hasn't asked you out yet?"

Oh my gosh. Why?? Why does everyone ship me with him? We're good friends, that's it. "It was a science project, and no he hasn't."

"I didn't mind that kid, you know."

"I don't want to date anyone right now. Highschool's better without."

"But then I have to pay for everything. You're pretty expensive, you know."

Dad sarcasm.

"If I'm too expensive, get rid of Ferguson."

"Ooh, I'm afraid he's got just a little higher rank than you."

"Of course he does," I said with a frown.

*time skip*

Fair is fair. She picked us up, I gotta pick her up. Not that I'm complaining ,though, since we don't hang out just the two of us very often.

I drove into this modern-day church campus where two rickety, old school buses parked by the side of a gravel field were swarmed by highschool students. It was weird seeing a church painted in trendy colors. I didn't even know something like this existed.

I saw Allie with a neon pink bandana in her hair, a backpack on her shoulders and a duffle bag hanging from her arm. She leaned to the heavy side as she waddled toward me.

"Hey! How was it?" I said, giving her a hug. I took her luggage from her and pulled them in the back of my car.

"I'll tell you about it when we get in," she said with a grin.

"Bye Allie! It was so nice to meet you!" a girl said behind us.

"You too!" Then she hopped in the passenger seat, and I carefully made my way out of the molasses-thick line of cars.

"I literally... it was so cool," she said. "Like- I don't even know where to start."

"Well, what was the campgrounds like?"

"Oh, amazing! There was this student center with rock climbing and gaga ball-"

"Gaga ball?"

"I'll explain in a minute. And there was a lake-"

"We had some trouble with a lake too." I chuckled.

I don't think she heard me. "And the cabins were so cool. There were five girls in a cabin—plus a counselor—and one of the nights we snuck out to toilet paper the gaga ball pit. Actually, we pulled a handful of pranks all week. You gotta go next year."

"Sounds fun," I admitted.

"But the best part was the services each night."

"Services?" I was confused.

"You heard of Jesus?"

"Yeah, I hear that word like a hundred times a day." Practically every other word spoken in highschool was a swear word.

"No, not that kind. Jesus the person."

"It's a person?"

"Yeah, but more than that. Daisy, it's crazy. I had no idea."