13- Ding-Dong, Get the Door, It's Depression

Daisy's Pov:

"You know what else we need," Joe said, throwing a dart from the chair he was sitting on.

"What?"

"Mini fridge." He threw another dart, missing the board, and hitting the wall. It landed between two other darts stuck in the wood. "We'd have to run electricals out here, but you can do that, right Ben?"

"I'm a mechanic, not a electrician. Ask Daisy, she's the engineer."

"But isn't being a mechanic, like, plugging in wires 'n stuff?"

"I mean, we could probably run some extension cords out here," I said. "If we wanted to get really savvy, we could put in a generator. It'd be more expensive, but we could do it."

"Just ask Mr. Banks, he's the one with all the money," Joe said.

"Not till we find his papers," I replied.

"We need more storage in this place too." The most practical of us all, Allie actually had a point. Not that Joe didn't either, but his ideas were a little more technical than they appeared.

"Like what, cupboards? Bookshelves?" He threw another dart that actually hit the edge of the biard this time. "We gonna add a whole kitchen in?"

"Oh, oh!" I said. I'd been looking for a place like this to use this idea. "Vintage lockers! Please!"

Joe "Heart-Eyes" Carlen, as in accordance to Allie's account, looked at me like I was insane, like my idea was the most disgusting and appalling thing he'd heard in the past year. I could totally tell that look meant hearteyes. What about making fun of someone's idea doesn't say hearteyes?

"It wouldn't be a whole row," I said. "Just one or two. But we could paint them a fun color, and they'd add storage while being really cool!"

"Actually, that does sound kinda cool," Ben said.

"See?"

Joe shrugged. "Alright. If you can find 'em."

"Oh, believe me, I'll make a point to find some."

"We should also get a bird feeder," Allie suggested. Again, another good idea.

"Anybody down to go see the new Guardians of the Galaxy sometime?" I asked.

"Yeah! Tomorrow?" Allie's hair had little bubble braids down the side with beads in them. She usually had her blonde hair in either french braids or just down. I think she was experimenting. It was cute.

Ben shook his head. "Can't. I have knitting group."

If Joe had been drinking anything, he would have spit it out, because he laughed so hard. "Since when do you have knitting group??!"

"Tonight's the first. Haven't you seen all the flyers I've put up around town?"

"Uh, no..." I had to agree with Joe on this one. Even Allie looked a little shocked.

"Hmm... Maybe I should have printed more then."

"Where is this group gonna be?"

"The clubhouse."

The clubhouse was our town's small community center connected to the golfcourse. There were small conventions or club meetings or things going on all the time there. You could rent it for free for whatever you wanted.

Ben was going to take Allie to her last ortho appointment today (she was getting her braces off), so it was just Joe and me hanging out. Usually, it was just fine; we were good friends and could keep the fun going without the others. But I wasn't sure what I thought about it now, with Allie's suspicion about Joe liking me. But I didn't know if I really believed her anyway.