Collision Course

All good things must come to an end...must they not?

Chapter 20 – Collision Course

Delirious was too tame a word for this.

Thighs splayed obscenely open, embarrassment was forgotten as the pressure of the vibrator being removed sent my body to spasming. My back arched off the bed, and a strangled cry tore free from my lungs.

"My poor little mouse," Taran purred, the brush of his breath, cool against intimate flesh, sending a zap up my spine. "Did I push too far? Are you feeling a little sensitive?'

I shook my head, fingers curling into the duvet as hooded eyes watched Taran's dark head between my legs.

"You didn't push too far. I feel...I feel..."

It was hard to sort out exactly how I felt. Like my nerve-endings had been fried and my my brain had been stirred by a whisk? Or as if my heartbeat centred where Taran's fingers played with swollen flesh, and not my chest. At no point during the night had I considered taking out the device torturing me with bouts of agonising pleasure, not when pleasure also came from proving to Taran I could handle anything he threw at me.

The ghost of a smile stretched my lips. "I feel amazing. I liked it."

He stared up at me with an unreadable expression. I could see the wheels turning in those obsidian eyes, always assessing, always.

Had he doubted I would be able to cope? Had he wanted me to fail?

Propping myself up on my elbows, those thoughts sobered me quickly. Tonight had been a test after all, to see where my boundaries lay? Or maybe it was something else.

A frown cracked the marble sculpture of his face as I continued to study him. Standing to loom over me, he distracted me with a heady kiss, a light touch against the crease of my thigh reigniting the fire in my belly.

"I impressed you," I said, figuring out what was hidden in the reverent way his fingers grazed over my skin.

He nipped my lip. "Don't be too pleased with yourself."

My smile grew in the dark. Forgetting that prideful eyes could see me as well as if the room was lit by the sun. I let my eyes flutter shut again as Taran pulled away to clean and put away his latest toy, happy floating in the bliss that still rushed through my veins. I'd leave the creeping embarrassment about the fact I'd orgasmed in a room full of colleagues and customers to tomorrow.

Half dozing, I didn't open my eyes again until I felt the bed dip, and fingers tug down my skirt to cover me up.

"Here."

A hand at my back helped me sit up to take the glass of water he offered. I'd only intended to take a sip but that first touch of cool liquid sparked the awareness of just how thirsty I was. Taran chuckled as I gulped down more than half, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand, more so when I eagerly snatched the wagon wheel he then offered. Chocolate was exactly what this moment needed.

"Wait." He tossed one of my oversized sleep shirts onto my lap, one with a huge rainbow unicorn depicted on the front which I'm sure he didn't pick at random.

My cheeks warmed. I should have gotten rid of that shirt years ago.

Setting the wrapped biscuit down, I slid from the bed to step out of my skirt and peel off my top, too limp and exhausted to care about making a show of it as I slid on the shirt. A raised eyebrow at my clothes on the floor made me scamper to pick them up and fold them away. God forbid a single thing was out of place in his room. Once my hair was scraped into a bun and I was once more situated on the bed, Taran twisted to rest one knee on the mattress.