Vol 1.2 - Completly Normal

"There's so much inside that it burst out! Now I'm all sticky! Onii-chan you need to take responsibility!"

-Hoshino "It's filling my insides, Onii-chan" Ruby

You'll be able to tell when I start losing it in this chapter.

________________________________________________________________________________

Ichinose Chizuru, going under the name "Mizuhara Chizuru" while assuming her rental girlfriend persona appears to be a very kind and considerate person at first glance. This quality allows her to brighten the mood of a room almost instantly.

This has given her a reputation as a model rental girlfriend, earning one of the highest ratings on the "Diamond" app.

However, beneath her prideful exterior lies an emotionally vulnerable individual. She prefers to keep her personal and professional lives as separate as possible—a defence mechanism formed after being constantly bullied in her junior high years.

Now that she was in college, things were different.

She had a goal to reach.

And nothing would stop her.

"Green pants and a white hoodie. You must be...Kiyotaka-kun, right?"

To be honest, this part of the job was the easiest for her, given that she had done it with dozens of clients already. Just flash them a dazzling smile and they're head-over-heels for you instantly. She was proud of the perfection of this greeting.

"Hm? Oh, you must be Chizuru. I was looking forward to today. You look lovely."

"..........."

"..........."

What was that?!

Where was the blush? The stuttering? The excitement? There wasn't even a smile!

Plus, this guy didn't look like the type who would rent a girlfriend. Whether it was the fact that he looked kind of good, it didn't matter—that was the least of Chizuru's immediate problems.

Why did he sound so dead?! she shouted in her mind. Never before had she had a client who sounded so uninterested in her...HER!

Was he testing her?

Was this some sort of secret check-in by the agency?

If it was a test, she should be on her—

"Chizuru? Are you alright?"

Kiyotaka's voice snapped her out of her overthinking. Heat rushed from the base of her neck as a bit of embarrassment took over.

That character break wasn't that noticeable, right?

"A-ah, yeah, I just spaced out a bit, whoops!" She giggled, waving her hand to play it off.

The young man eyed her for a moment before giving a casual shrug as they started walking. "That's alright. You've got the plan for today, right? Is it all right with you?"

Chizuru immediately revised her initial thoughts about Kiyotaka. He actually seemed quite polite, unlike some of the other clients who had rented her in the past.

"Yup! It's all good!" she chirped, tilting her head cutely. "Bowling, then a trip to the café, right?"

"Mhm. I've never been bowling before. Oh, and before I forget, the fee."

The young man handed over around 15,000 yen, good for three hours of 'service' as it was called. The terminology was a bit off-putting to Kiyotaka for obvious reasons. He'd have to explain that expense eventually, and he couldn't come up with any excuses.