Vol 1.3 - Utterly Normal

"Erm! It's not pedophilia if it's a 1000-year-old drawing, sweaty. You're just, erm, projecting! *snorts while pushing up glasses* *Gently caresses bodypillow* Shhh, don't listen to them, my love, it's just you and me tonight~"

-Closeted Sex Offender

There will be no interruptions or degeneracy in this chapter. I finally know what I'm going to do. The old brain cells that inhabited my body have all died off and given way to new ones.

________________________________________________________________________________

I think it was a few months ago when everything seemed to end for me. I would return to the place I called home for the first 14 years of my life and do whatever That Man told me to do. Train some more, learn more—repeat the same cycle over and over again until I'm fit to join the Diet and enter politics.

Nothing was in my control from the very beginning after all.

This personal journey, this development...All of it was pre-planned from the start.

I had fun, though.

Did I though?

It appears like I still have much to learn.

3 years wasn't enough, I guess.

"Kiyotaka."

"..."

That Man's voice rang in my ears as the hum of the car carried me away from that artificial island I used to call home, even for a short while.

"You are aware of what's in store, correct?"

I did. I had for a while. There was no reason to further deceive me about this matter as it pertained to the life and or death of That Man and I's future.

I don't particularly like the thought of being shoved into a detention facility.

Cough.

That was a meta joke.

"I am aware, yes."

He hummed while I glanced out the window. It was rather picturesque; I recalled seeing these exact same trees blossoming when I had first enrolled.

Where am I going to go now?

"..."

"..."

I gazed at the man who was responsible for my situation. Even for a brief moment, I could see he was uneasy about the times ahead. For someone so hardened by decades of politics, only now he was feeling even the smallest bit of fear.

Curious.

To think an old man on his deathbed could pose such a challenge to this man, who, even if his youth is behind him, is still relatively young, at least in the case of Japanese politicians.

How the 'mighty' have fallen was the phrase, right?

"Do I want to ask what even happened?" I innocently questioned.

"..."

He didn't respond to my question, so I could only assume it was confidential to the point where he couldn't consult his own son about the matter. It was either that or he was embarrassed this situation even happened in the first place.

I'm inclined to, my logical side, believe the former, due to the complexities of politics.

However, my biased and childish side says he's embarrassed.