Chapter 5: My Sister

"Love is, uh, what makes you happy?" She looked uncertain of her own answer.

I thanked her and continued walking to class. I was almost done with my thesis draft. Hopefully, my audience reading it will receive a new revelation of what love is.

Gabe went home to Kingston to see how his dad is doing. I'm not surprised that Drew went with him. I pray his dad's health is good. Talking about family, I should call mine. My sister, who usually calls me, has been awfully quiet these days.

In the evening, I launched a video call adding my parents and my sister. It took a while for my sister to answer, and when she did, we all gasped at her new looks.

"Wow, Hannah!" Mom gave a light laugh. "Are you my daughter?"

Hannah proceeded to roll her eyes playfully. "Do I look that bad?"

"No, not at all. Natural looks amazing on you." Dad said with a big smile.

I was still processing my trend-obsessed sister reflecting modesty. She went from straight bleached-white hair to a curly dark-brown afro.

"How long have you had that?" My mom was excited.

"Just a couple of months."

"And you didn't want to let us know?" Dad asked, which made her shrug.

"What changed? I asked.

Her expression softened as if she was remembering something good.

"I've thought a lot about what you've all been telling me. And I realized that I need God in my life, I need Yahusha."

My parents and I went crazy like a bunch of excited butterflies, letting our words flutter around.

"She said Yahusha!"

"HalleluYAH for revealing Yourself to my daughter!"

"The Most High is sovereign!"

"I'll also participate in your sabbath time if you'll let me." She said meekly.

My mom was brushing tears from her eyes. Even I felt like crying.

"Of course we'll let you. Next, Saturday, let's all have a virtual bible study and worship together. HalleluYAH!" My dad exclaimed with his arms wrapped around my mom.

"We're always praying for you, Hannah. I know that YAH will use you mightily." Mom said, with a gentle smile.

"Thank you, all of you. And forever thank You to YAH." Hannah responded.

"HalleluYAH!" I exclaimed.

My sister, Hannah, is thanking YAH? She is changed? That's a huge blessing. An answered prayer. A testimony of YAHUAH's greatness. HE can reveal Himself to whomever He pleases.

Now, I can say the words, "As for me and my house, we will serve YAHUAH."

++++++++

Hannah called me back after our family time and prayer. She had more to tell me away from our parents' hearing.

"I love your new hairstyle." I told her.

"Thanks, guy."

"What happened, girl? Let me in on the scoop of the year."

She laughed. Then she gave a delighted sigh. "I found love."

"Eh?"

It seems like my thesis of "What is Love?" is following me without me even asking the question.