- Twelfth -

Jungkook was in his room, lying on his bed reading a book. He'd been really bored out of his mind lately. He was on holiday, but had absolutely no friends to spend the time with. His mother had often forced him to keep Jongsu company in hospital (the two of them rarely exchanged a single word), so he hadn't been able to build up any friendships at school. So when he had free time, he often spent it alone. When he thought about it, his life was a bit sad. While all the kids his age were out playing with their friends after school, he was just going home and locking himself in his room.

As he was playing with the end of the page he was reading, staring into space, trying not to think about the emptiness in his heart, he heard someone knocking on his door. He stammered a "come in", and Jin entered his room. The little boy stared at his older brother with wide eyes, curiosity in his gaze.

"I-Is something wrong, hyung?" he asked shyly, not really used to someone disturbing his solitude.

"No, on the contrary." replied his brother enthusiastically. "I'm going out with my friends for an ice cream in town, do you want to come?"

The boy's eyes widened as they filled with a glint that Jin wanted to see more of. A glint that should have been found much more often in the eyes of an almost nine-year-old boy.

"I-I can, really?"

"Of course you can! Come on, let's go!"

Jin left the room, and Jungkook quickly followed him. They walked quickly down the stairs, a smile forming on the little boy's lips.

"I don't know if you remember, but last time, Yoongi and Hobi came with a little boy." Jin explained. "His name is Jimin, and he's not much older than you are. I'm sure you could become friends. He doesn't know anyone here."

It would be great. Jungkook didn't even have the words to describe what he was feeling at that moment. He was so happy that Jin had invited him. Maybe he was right, maybe he could even become friends with this Jimin...

And also, maybe he could see Taehyung again...

When they arrived in the entrance hall, Jungkook saw that all Jin's friends were already there. Taehyung included. They all turned towards them when they heard them coming down the stairs, Taehyung's gaze immediately landing on the adorable little boy who immediately hid behind his big brother when he felt the teenager's piercing gaze on him. Jungkook felt his cheeks heat up; he couldn't help remembering the huge bouquet of poppies. What he would never dare admit was that he had dried each of the flowers and treasured them. They had become his most precious possession.

"Put your shoes on quickly," Jin told him, drawing him out of his thoughts. "We'll be off."

"Hm."

The two boys knelt down to tie their shoes, Jungkook having a little trouble because of the stress. It was really impressive to find himself with all these people he'd always admired from afar.

Suddenly, a shadow appeared above him, and soon two hands grabbed the laces he'd been fiddling with for a long time now. Jungkook looked up immediately, and blushed when he saw that Taehyung had knelt down in front of him. He watched silently as he tied his shoelaces.

"There you go, sweetheart." Taehyung murmured, giving him a smile.

"T-Thank you..."

He mentally slapped himself for stuttering. He felt like a girl in front of her crush. Probably because apart from the gender, he was. Taehyung was amazing, and Jungkook couldn't stop thinking about him since that famous day.

He then helped him up, and they were all about to leave, when they heard someone coming down the stairs. Jungkook felt his good mood fade when he saw Jongsu.

"Where are you going?" asked the child, especially Jin.

"Into town, for an ice cream." explained his older brother.

"Can I come too?"

Jungkook felt his heart clench. He could see the look his twin was giving Taehyung. The look he got when he saw something he wanted to steal from Jungkook. The look he got when he was planning something. It was awful, because Jungkook knew there was nothing he could do about it. People always ended up preferring Jongsu to him. And even though Taehyung seemed to have taken an interest in him so far, if Jongsu got involved, he'd end up liking him too.

Jin was about to answer him, or rather about to stammer out an incomprehensible answer, not really wanting to take him with them, but knowing that he didn't really have a choice. However, Taehyung stepped forward and spoke for him.

"Sorry, but we haven't got any more room." he replied, almost coldly.

Jongsu frowned.

"But you've got two cars, you must have-"

"No. We can't."

Jongsu was shocked, and he couldn't hide his surprise. He wasn't used to being told no, and Taehyung's cold, impassive expression showed him that the boy wasn't about to change his mind. The boy was a mystery to him, no one had ever resisted his angelic face. But if Taehyung resisted him, then he'd make sure the others fell for him. After all, he too had watched them from afar, and knew each of their characters. Namjoon, for example, was a very gentle person; Jongsu was sure he could make him give in.

He turned his gaze towards the young man, who had taken up a position next to Jin (it was no secret that he was madly in love with him). Jongsu's eyes suddenly filled with tears, and Jungkook almost cried too: he knew he'd lost. Nobody had ever resisted a crying Jongsu.

"R-Really? Can't you make some room for me? I... I never went out for ice cream..."

It wasn't fair. For once Jungkook was the only one who had something, Jongsu still had to come and take it all away from him. If he'd asked Hyeri to take him, she'd have said yes straight away. So why go to all this trouble? Just to make a fool of Jungkook? To show him he was nothing special? That no matter how hard he tried, Jongsu would always be there to do better than him, to take everything away from him? It was so unfair...

Namjoon, sensing the attention on him (and seeing the boy's tears), turned first to Jin, who gave him a hard look, before turning his attention back to Jongsu. He gave him an embarrassed smile.

"I-I'm sorry, Jongsu, but Jin's car is full, and Yoongi's..."

"I've got instruments in it." replied the young man, who had remained silent until then. "I have to go to my father's studio later, so the car's full."

Jongsu stopped himself from grinding his teeth. Min Yoongi. If ever there was an uncompromising person in this group, it was him. Between him and Taehyung, he didn't stand a chance. For the time being.

"Well, we'd better go!" Jin interjected nervously.

"He's right!" Hoseok continued. "There might be too many people for the ice cream if we don't! Come on, come on, let's go, let's go!"

He pulled Jimin along with him, who couldn't help laughing when he saw Hoseok's strange smile. As for Jungkook, he could hardly believe it. Jongsu looked furious. Jungkook had won and Jongsu had lost. He was happy and Jongsu was angry. It was all new. And unbelievable.

"Are you coming, sweetheart?"

He was pulled out of his thoughts by Taehyung, who held out his hand with a small smile. Jungkook felt himself blush like a poppy, but took his hand anyway, smiling.

"H-hm, Hyungie."

~🍁~

They're so cute🥺😭💕 Don't forget, Taehyung doesn't have romantic feelings for Jungkook yet (hes 9 yo that's not really possible), he just find Jungkook really cute, and he feels really bad for what he lives because of his twin. But Jungkoon clearly have a crush on him lol.

Hope you liked this chapter, and see you soon💕